You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2012 2:40 pm  #21

Re: Interesting report on male crying

Did you see a tear fall from your eyes and roll down your cheek (you say it was towards the end of your crying) - it's the tears rolling down my face I find fasinating, and werid. These tears are your response to your feelings and emotions. They are not necessarily something you asked your body to do - but there they are.

I also feel I'm watching something only a handful of people have seen. Although a few people out there have seen my tears rolling down my face the vast majority of people I know have never even seen me with wet eyes! It's a very secret and private look.

I remember crying (lots of tears) one morning before going to work in the afternoon - as I walked into work it struck me that no-one had any idea that just 2 hours before tears had been streaming down my face. I wondered what they would all think if they knew.

Watching yourself cry is a bit like being let in on that secret - probably sound confusing but it's difficult to put into words.

June 30, 2012 3:15 pm  #22

tearhunter wrote:

I remember crying (lots of tears) one morning before going to work in the afternoon - as I walked into work it struck me that no-one had any idea that just 2 hours before tears had been streaming down my face. I wondered what they would all think if they knew.

This is actually one of my favorite things. I love the secret aspect of it, how people cover it up and don't mention it. I love it when my boyfriend has been crying and then we go out in public later, maybe see some of our friends, and no one else knows except us. As you say, it's like being let in on a secret.

As for your question, I did see a couple tears. It was weird, I didn't really feel like I was crying anymore, but I still had enough tears leftover in my eyes that they rolled down my cheeks. Maybe two or three, or two and a half (two real ones and one little one that just hung out around my lower eyelid).

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

July 4, 2012 12:58 am  #23

I've had many, many experiences where my eyes have filled with tears and maybe one fell if I willed it to, so I probably couldn't count all of them, but I've managed to count roughly ten significant crying episodes in the last year. I imagine there are a couple I've forgotten, so I'd probably bump that up to about once a month, perhaps just over that.

Don't know if you're still looking for answers to this, tearhunter, since you're now formulating the questionnaire, but thought I'd answer anyway!

Last edited by lemoniep (July 4, 2012 1:11 am)

July 4, 2012 1:10 am  #24

Oh, also, I don't know if this would be at all interesting, but I tried to conduct a sort of informal, slightly rubbish crying questionnaire on my close male friends at university one evening, when we'd all been drinking a little bit and were playing a game where you ask personal questions, and I asked about the last time they had cried. Out of four men, one had cried very recently, one over the summer (it was October at the time), one the previous term and one could not remember the last time he cried (that was my boyfriend - just typical, I pick the stoic one). So three out of four had cried in the last six months. Very small sample size, but I was surprised that it had not been too long since three of them had cried.

July 4, 2012 9:40 am  #25

I wish I could have the nerve to ask about someone's crying habits but I don't!!

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

July 4, 2012 11:55 pm  #26

Very interesting!  Wonder if they defined it (in their heads) as the sobbing type of crying or just getting misty eyed.  Either way, cool that you brought it up.

Board footera