You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2019 7:11 pm  #1

Boyfriend crying obs

Hi all!

First of all, I'm back after a very, very long hiatus! My old username was ilovelove from like, 10 years ago on the old site. Crazy! I posted in the introduction section for more info. 

Anyway, the reason I decided to register today was because I have this lovely, amazing new-ish boyfriend who is the absolute cutest and I can hardly stand it. He's shared with me in the past how he's cried during movies, and we've had conversations about how I don't like to cry, but he finds it cathartic, which is so cute.

Well, recently he got hurt and has had to deal with a bunch of pain and fear and impending medical bills, and I have kind of a couple of obs from that time.

The first was when he got hurt - he was coming out of shock and was kind of all over the place on the emotion spectrum. I asked if he was okay, and he said, "yes, I'm okay, I just kind of feel like I'm going to cry." and he did, but just a little. He was laying in my lap and, as a joke, he said, "you're going to be unattracted to me because you've seen me cry now!" Hah... it was even funnier than he thought it was... I asked a little while later if he was okay again, and he said "yes, but I still feel like I might cry." He welled up a little that time, but we didn't have time to stop and deal with it.

The second was in the car after he got hurt. It was a long-ish ride, and he was quiet for a while. When I asked if he was okay, he apologized and said he felt bad that I had to drive and that he wasn't any fun, and he started to cry. I was driving on the highway, so I couldn't do much other than rub his shoulder or cheek. He cried on and off during the drive, just a little - talking through it, and no sobbing or anything, but was sniffling and wiping tears away. 

The next obs was after his first doctor's appointment - We were in the car again, only parked this time, and he was just thinking about the potential medical bills. He started to get upset, and kept apologizing for "crying so much." I rubbed his shoulder and his cheek, and had my other hand on his knee. I kissed him occasionally, and at one point I pulled away and my nose was wet from the tears on his cheek. He was wiping his tears away, but would then start crying all over again. He was a little more choked up than the first car obs, so he was having a harder time talking through it. He had to take off his glasses to wipe his eyes for a little while. I did wipe his tears away once, and he sort of sheepishly smiled and laughed a bit (it was all very cute). At one point he said something like, "this is too big a thing to have going on so early on in our relationship, I'm sorry I keep crying!" During all of these, he also apologized constantly for being a "crybaby" and for being so emotional about it.  

Anyway, I feel really bad that he's going through all of this (he's almost made me cry a couple of times), but I'm glad I can be there to take care of him a bit. He keeps thanking me it's clear that he really likes to be comforted - he said he was glad I was with him because he usually has to go through all of that alone, so that made me feel really good. I just want to be there for him. And like I said, our relationship is still pretty new, but I definitely feel very close to him right now. I'm sure I'll have more later, but hope you all enjoy this little snippet!

August 20, 2019 2:25 am  #2

Re: Boyfriend crying obs

Welcome (again), lovely how your new-ish (for how long have you known each other?) boyfriend cries, even if a little ashamed, in front of you. Since the second obs you wiped his tears ("rubbed his cheek"), quite a hard thing, considering you were driving in a highway.

The third one was sweeter since, even when he was wiping his tears, you managed to wipe his tears (was he shedding a lot of tears? Did they fall in a single stream or did he have several tear streaks?).

Has he ever seen you cry?

August 20, 2019 1:21 pm  #3

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Welcome (again), lovely how your new-ish (for how long have you known each other?) boyfriend cries, even if a little ashamed, in front of you. Since the second obs you wiped his tears ("rubbed his cheek"), quite a hard thing, considering you were driving in a highway.

The third one was sweeter since, even when he was wiping his tears, you managed to wipe his tears (was he shedding a lot of tears? Did they fall in a single stream or did he have several tear streaks?).

Has he ever seen you cry?

We've been dating for about two months now, so really not long at all!

I wasn't able to actually wipe his tears in the first car obs, as the driving made it pretty difficult, but I was able to run my hands through his hair and my thumb on the side of his cheek.

The third one was my favorite because I was able to actually comfort him! He was shedding a good amount of tears, though they all kind of blurred together and there weren't any tracks - his cheeks were entirely damp. Mostly they would run in towards his nose, but there was one or two that slowly ran down his cheek right in the middle.

He has not seen me cry, but I honestly don't even remember the last time I cried, so that's not entirely surprising. I probably wouldn't mind crying in front of him, though, we'll see!

August 20, 2019 2:29 pm  #4

MeAgain wrote:

We've been dating for about two months now, so really not long at all!

I wasn't able to actually wipe his tears in the first car obs, as the driving made it pretty difficult, but I was able to run my hands through his hair and my thumb on the side of his cheek.

The third one was my favorite because I was able to actually comfort him! He was shedding a good amount of tears, though they all kind of blurred together and there weren't any tracks - his cheeks were entirely damp. Mostly they would run in towards his nose, but there was one or two that slowly ran down his cheek right in the middle.

He has not seen me cry, but I honestly don't even remember the last time I cried, so that's not entirely surprising. I probably wouldn't mind crying in front of him, though, we'll see!

Wow, he must have definitely shed a river of tears in order for single streaks not be visible. Seems he was a bit embarrassed when you wiped his tears,I am glad you found a guy who likes to be taken care of when crying, specially since you like doing so. You also said he almost made you cry, did you supress tears?

August 20, 2019 5:42 pm  #5

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Wow, he must have definitely shed a river of tears in order for single streaks not be visible. Seems he was a bit embarrassed when you wiped his tears,I am glad you found a guy who likes to be taken care of when crying, specially since you like doing so. You also said he almost made you cry, did you supress tears?

It was a lot of tears for some not particularly intense crying! He had his eyes closed, so I think they kind of seeped out instead of falling as single tears. And I'm glad, too! It'll hopefully give me some more nice moments like that one. 

I wasn't suppressing tears, but I felt like I might well up and never did. It takes a lot for me to actually well up with tears, but this week has been pretty taxing. I'll definitely post about it, if it happens.

August 25, 2019 10:06 am  #6

My heart fell to the floor
The night you broke the news
Said you couldnt feel it anymore
Those words that rolled off your tongue
Tore my world in two
As you turned and walked on out the door
Ive been trying to get over you
And get on with my life
But the more I do without you
The more I realize