You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2019 1:48 pm  #1

Ex obs

Background
It's been a while since my ex and I broke up, but last month, I unexpectedly ran into her. Even though it didn't end very smoothly between us, both of us have had the time to get over it, and so we were able to have a reasonably civil conversation. We bumped into each other at a shopping mall, and started chatting just to catch up. I offered to buy her a cup of coffee for old times' sake, and so we went to the nearest cafe and started talking about what we've been up to post breakup.

The obs
During our conversation, she started talking about how she missed me and how sorry she was for everything that happened. And as she was saying things along this line, her eyes started to well up. She wiped her left eye with her fingers, but a tear ran down her right cheek before she could wipe it and she wiped it off her face. She started crying slightly harder, though I could see that she was trying hard to hold it back, but a couple more tears ran down, and at this point she buried her head in her hands. When she looked at me again, her face was a bit wet and her eyes were teary and slightly red, but there were no more tear streaks to be seen. The whole thing lasted for just about a minute or two, and she managed to compose herself.

Reflection
Well, I did feel sorry for her. I thought she'd simply have moved on and maybe found someone else. Even though we live in the same city, we live in completely different parts and haven't seen each other for nearly two years, and seeing her again brought back some memories, and seeing her cry made me feel genuinely sorry for her. But I really appreciate that though she showed emotion, she didn't try to use it to manipulate me into getting back together with her or anything. We just talked about life after her crying session and then parted ways. Since then, I've been thinking of her tears, but also of just her in general and I'm even wondering if I should give her another chance, though I don't really want to go through all that we went through again. By the way, the last part is just me reflecting and thinking out loud and not really asking for relationship advice, lol!

September 13, 2019 3:18 am  #2

Re: Ex obs

Nice obs! I've missed your obs. Good to see you back.

Tears of joy are beautiful.

September 13, 2019 5:51 am  #3

Seems she is not comfortable allowing her tears to fall freely in front of you, definitely, hardly a chance for you to wipe her tears. Is this how she usually cried when you were together?

September 13, 2019 10:41 am  #4

Great obs! Sorry that you went through a lot of stuff. Hope everything is alright now.

Board footera