You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2012 9:57 pm  #11

Re: girlfriend obs (delicate subject)

I will keep her in my thoughts.  I know how this goes, you think you're over the situation, and then WHAM!, it hits from out of nowhere and you're a sodden sobbing mess.

I still get those for people like my grandmother, who died 35 years ago.  It doesn't happen often, but occasionally it still does happen.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 6, 2012 8:35 pm  #12

I agree she will have moments like this which will pop up out of the blue for some time I think. Although its difficult to see someone you care about extremely upset it's good that she is not bottling it up and is comfortable crying (and crying very hard) with you. It will help her so much that she has you to lend on.

November 6, 2012 11:39 pm  #13

Your girlfriend is in my thoughts. Losing someone is a long process.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

November 7, 2012 5:58 am  #14

meantangerine wrote:

Your girlfriend is in my thoughts. Losing someone is a long process.

I agree with meantangerine, She is in my thoughts. Thanks for sharing the observations.

November 7, 2012 6:57 pm  #15

thanks for the comments guys, it is appreciated..

was another difficult day today, even i broke down crying.....both of us have been in floods of tears most of the day, but for me most of it was seeing her like this, it breaks my heart seeing her like this, but i will always be there for her.

there was once was a wise old saying...

November 7, 2012 9:03 pm  #16

I am so sorry things aren't going well.  Sending positive mojo to both of you.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 7, 2012 9:20 pm  #17

I'm sorry about all this. It's hard, but it does get easier. I'll be thinking about you both.

November 7, 2012 10:23 pm  #18

Be sure to take care of yourself too, I know how exhausting and painful it can be to see someone you love hurt so much.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

November 8, 2012 6:50 pm  #19

thanks guys, and yh i will try to meantangerine...ive hardly slept recently, been worried about her, i didnt go to work today, so i could take care of her, work understood, i will try and go back to work tomorrow though.

there was once was a wise old saying...

November 8, 2012 7:54 pm  #20

One thing I'd suggested is to perhaps look at breavement counselling. It does not work for everyone and you have to be comfortable opening up in front of someone who is at least initially a stranger but it's something to consider.

You might consider going along as a couple to support her through the process - as I say it does not work for everyone and not everyone is comfortable with it but might be helpful at some point.

Board footera