You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2020 2:10 pm  #1

Unexpectedly crying came in conversation

I went to my usual place to drink coffee, when, out of nowhere, one of the baristas (female between 18 and 21) told me about a customer making her cry earlier that day, her coworker (male 21-24) was also presente during this conversation, and even added details.

One of the details that started my heart racing was that she inferred allowing tears fall unchecked down her pretty cheeks, she said she could feel tears leaving her eyes even though she tried to keep them at bay while she prepared and served coffee to customers.

I would have loved to have been there when it happened, I would have been there for her, defended her from the mean customer and gently wipe her tears. Guess I have a chance now that I know she can get that upset and she trusts in me.

January 14, 2020 2:07 am  #2

Re: Unexpectedly crying came in conversation

I'm always so happy when someone else brings up the topic of crying and I can just listen, instead of me trying to steer the conversation.

Crying at work can be horrible if your co-workers aren't supportive. Sounds like your pretty barista has nice colleagues.

January 14, 2020 2:50 am  #3

Re: Unexpectedly crying came in conversation

As stressful (in her words) as the job can be, her two coworkers (both male) seem to be supportive, the one that was with her actually told her to go inside to compose herself, he offered to cover her back in the coffee shop.

Board footera