You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2020 4:09 pm  #1

Another obs of friend (F)

I hesitated about posting this obs, as she is currently going through health issues, but seeing this is going slow I will leave details aside and Post the obs.

This Is the same friend who leaned her cheek on my hand. We had a meeting (4 people) we finished the meeting and went outside (my wife, my friend and I), the other person stayed in the office.

We started talking about her health, marriage and work, she started to tear up and constantly wiped her eyes, as time passed during the conversation, I pictured how she must have looked had she let her tears unchecked, this because I noticed how she placed her finger in the inner corner of her eye, then another time just below the middle of her eye and other times in the outer corner of her eye, so I thought that, has she allowed her tears to roll, she would have had at least three tear streaks on each cheek.

What I found a bit interesting is that I think she was producing many tears for such a not intense crying fit, her voice remained normal, not broken or wobbly, her breathing pattern did not change and her face was sad but kind of neutral, I mean no puedes lip, no wobbly chin, no sobs.

I wonder if next time she allows herself to cry freely, I guess it was because we were in the street (lonely street but nonetheless) or my wife's presence, as other times she has cried she leans on me, allows her tears to flow freely and hugs me.

February 9, 2020 8:11 pm  #2

Re: Another obs of friend (F)

You're right it's been pretty quiet here over the past couple months . Thank you for your fiction and obs though.

Personally, I'm envious of people who can keep their voice completely normal when crying. It makes them seem so much more "in control" and confident. A few days ago I was doing Facetime with someone whose voice sounded normal. Even with my experienced cry-detecting brain, I never would have noticed she was crying if I hadn't been looking at a video of her. My voice is almost always breaks before even a single tear leaves my eye.

Does your friend shed the same amount of tears if she's crying harder?

February 9, 2020 9:05 pm  #3

Re: Another obs of friend (F)

truffle wrote:

You're right it's been pretty quiet here over the past couple months . Thank you for your fiction and obs though.

Personally, I'm envious of people who can keep their voice completely normal when crying. It makes them seem so much more "in control" and confident. A few days ago I was doing Facetime with someone whose voice sounded normal. Even with my experienced cry-detecting brain, I never would have noticed she was crying if I hadn't been looking at a video of her. My voice is almost always breaks before even a single tear leaves my eye.

Does your friend shed the same amount of tears if she's crying harder?

Wow, you are envious of people whose voice remains neutral and I love when a female's voice breaks while crying, a wobbly voice makes me softer but a breaking voice is quite a delight to listen to.

Answering your question, this time she shed a tear every 7-10 seconds, last time I saw her sobbing https://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic_mobile.php?id=2005
if my brain doesn't play tricks on me, I think she was shedding tears every 3-5 seconds give or take.
Another thing I noticed (now that you asked) Is that this time, the only tear that ran down the side of her nose was small and left a thin streak behind, which she immediately wiped, while on the other obs her teardrops were big, round and left thick streaks on her face, plus, I think the previous time she was not self conscious as she allowed her tears to roll down her cheeks unchecked and felt comforted when I started wiping her tears.

Board footera