You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2020 6:18 pm  #1

Missed obs

Have you had those frustrating moments when you know that someone cried and that you could have seen it, but missed it? Here are a few I've had (most are from my time in college).

My best friend who happens to be a girl has told me that there was a period of almost a whole year when she was going through hard times, and that during this period she used to cry practically everyday in class, so much so that one of her girl friends who'd sit with her to comfort her has also cried seeing her cry. All this happened for about a year in the classroom right next to mine, but I didn't see any of it (to be honest, I became friends with her after all this was over, hence why I didn't know when it was going on, otherwise I could have had a few nice obs of her).

The one time I've known her to cry was over the phone - I could hear her voice breaking and she did confess to crying, but of course since it was over the phone, I didn't see her cry. An interesting thing about her is that she has on multiple occasions told me about things that made her cry, so I know she is a reasonably frequent crier, but I've never seen her cry or even her eyes water.

Another female friend of mine was seen crying by my then roommate who was in the same class as her, and he told me that evening, and I texted her to ask if she was okay and she said she was, and that it was just the stress of study that had reduced her to tears. Also in the classroom right next to mine, and I missed it.

The next one doesn't involve actual crying, but still some wet eyes that I could have witnessed but didn't, more frustrating than the other two since it happened right in front of me but I was turned in a differnt direction. A few friends and I were standing and chatting to each other when I heard a guy ask one of my female friends why she was crying. I heard her say she wasn't, and I heard the other guy and another guy start teasing her about how she was crying tears of joy, and I heard her deny it saying her eyes were just watering for some reason. I wasn't able to turn immediately as I was unfortunately in the middle of a conversation myself, and by the time I turned, all I got to see was my friend wiping her eyes, and there were no longer any tears.

The last three are in the college library. Two are very similar, I heard two different girls sniveling and sobbing over the phone with someone, but unfortunately, I could see neither of their faces. The last one was a guy and a girl sitting a few meters in front of me, close enough for me to see them, too far to be able to notice tears in eyes unless they were allowed to stream down unchecked. They were both actually crying and comforting each other (from what I could see and overhear, it was happy tears from both) and wiping each other's eyes, but frustratingly I didn't see any actual tears.

It's experiences like these that make me question whether people actually shed tears in real life or whether tears are reserved exclusively for movies/serials, youtube and tik tok. Share some of your missed obs experiences below. I define a missed obs as a situation where you knew someone was crying/had watering eyes (either at the time or by finding out later) and were actually in a position to witness it (guess my over the phone one doesn't quite fit this criterion), but didn't get to see actual tears.

April 7, 2020 8:45 pm  #2

Re: Missed obs

Interesting missed obs, the one about the couple, did you actually see them wiping each other's tears?

I am usually keen when tears might be involved, so, I guess the only missed obs are the ones when I was not supposed to be near the other person.

April 8, 2020 12:34 am  #3

Well, obviously I didn't see the actual tears, otherwise it won't be a missed obs, but I'm sure they were crying as they were even saying things like, "Why are you crying?", "Stop crying" to each other while wiping each other's eyes with their fingers.

Another missed obs actually is from my girlfriend. There was this one time that we argued and she started crying and I hugged her tight to comfort her, and she burined her head into my chest and cried for a while, leaving my shirt pretty soaked with her tears, but unfortunately I didn't see any of the tears.

April 8, 2020 1:10 am  #4

Yet one more missed obs I forgot to add was when a girl in my class was severely reprimanded by a professor for some reason and she burst out sobbing, unfortunately, I was behind her and didn't see any tears.

And like I mentioned in my other post, there was this girl in my class who was constantly crying, but I've never seen a single tear come out of her eyes, so pretty much every time she cried counts as a missed obs. There have been a couple of other girls I've seen crying with their heads buried on the desk in front of them, so again, no visible tears.

April 8, 2020 1:23 am  #5

I ran a half marathon a few months ago, and after I crossed the finish line I hung around for about 5 minutes before moving indoors for refreshments. Later I learned that if I had waited literally two more minutes I would have witness quite possible the most beautiful girl in that whole event, lying on the ground sobbing. I missed it by two minutes. She later came in and sat down and I had to stare at her sparkling moist eyes for the next 15 minutes, regretting what I had missed.

Most of my missed obs have been male. Twice I missed extremely handsome guys crying at a wedding. Another time one of my male teaching assistants in college had a panic attack and was being helped out of the classroom right as I was coming in.

I'm a woman and I think women are beautiful when they cry.

April 8, 2020 1:38 am  #6

truffle wrote:

I ran a half marathon a few months ago, and after I crossed the finish line I hung around for about 5 minutes before moving indoors for refreshments. Later I learned that if I had waited literally two more minutes I would have witness quite possible the most beautiful girl in that whole event, lying on the ground sobbing. I missed it by two minutes. She later came in and sat down and I had to stare at her sparkling moist eyes for the next 15 minutes, regretting what I had missed.

Most of my missed obs have been male. Twice I missed extremely handsome guys crying at a wedding. Another time one of my male teaching assistants in college had a panic attack and was being helped out of the classroom right as I was coming in.

Interesting ones. Thanks for sharing. You say her eyes were sparkling and moist, was she still crying? Did her eyes actually fill with tears or was it just the aftermath of a crying session? I've never really cared about guys crying, so I personally wouldn't count not seeing a guy cry as a missed obs. But interestingly enough, the most tearful obs I've had in my life have been from an ex-friend from high school, he was quite a tearful crier and would let his tears run down unchecked, but I don't consider them as obs for me since I have zero interest in male crying.

April 8, 2020 2:23 am  #7

truffle wrote:

Quite a bummer Truffle, missing the most beautiful girl sobbing, IN PUBLIC, did you notice tear stains on her cheeks?

April 8, 2020 2:30 am  #8

cray stinger wrote:

Interesting ones. Thanks for sharing. You say her eyes were sparkling and moist, was she still crying? Did her eyes actually fill with tears or was it just the aftermath of a crying session? I've never really cared about guys crying, so I personally wouldn't count not seeing a guy cry as a missed obs. But interestingly enough, the most tearful obs I've had in my life have been from an ex-friend from high school, he was quite a tearful crier and would let his tears run down unchecked, but I don't consider them as obs for me since I have zero interest in male crying.

Just two questions, I am not into male obs either, but I post them anyways for the girls to enjoy, here goes. Did he allow his tears unchecked regardless of who was present, I mean, when you saw him cry like that, was it a one on one setting or were More people present (including opposite sex)?

Second question, if he was such a crier, I would assume you saw him cry more than once, did you see anyone wiping his tears?

April 8, 2020 2:45 am  #9

It was mostly around a few close friends. I have seen  him cry about 3 times. He always wiped his own tears, I never saw anyone else wipe his tears.

April 8, 2020 2:58 am  #10

About your girlfriend, you mentioned she is not a tearful crier, yet, she left your shirt pretty soaked. When my wife cries on my shoulder, when the hug ends usually her face is tear-streaked, after such a profuse cry, did you notice how many streaks were visible on her cheeks,or were there so many tears that a single streak was not visible?

Board footera