You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2020 8:43 pm  #1

Female Friend, Very Emotional Crying and Comforting

This happened a few nights ago. I've mentioned this woman before, how she tends to get emotional and drink too much. Well, it happened again and she asked me to come stay with her for a few hours.

Last time I wrote how she decided to plunk herself in my lap and wrap around me while she cried. That's apparently become her default comfort position now, because she wanted me to be in a chair big enough that she could cry in my lap again. Tbh, it was a little awkward because she had drank quite a lot and was fairly limp, so I had to keep adjusting her.

Eventually the talk turned to me being concerned over her drinking, and I think I pierced her armor for the first time that she might be alcoholic, and people were genuinely concerned about her dependence on it.

At some point she slurred "I need to cry. Please hold me tight." And so I did, squeezing her against me with her wrapped around. I've mentioned before that she tends to cry silently. There was just a feeling of her wet cheek against mine as her body began to writhe with sobs. They were very hard sobs, quiet but strained, each one making her belly spasm sending a ripple up and down her as she bounced against me. They came in long sequences like she couldn't control them, and eventually she'd strain them to stop for a second, just long enough to take a fluttering hiccup of breath.

This all went on for the better part of two hours until she asked me to help her to the bathroom and hold her hair, and agreed to work on her drinking. She admitted it helped her escape from loneliness, and her lack of a relationship for the past several years. She kept squeezing my hands against her and telling me how much she missed human touch.

I pretty much carried her up to her bed after that and she asked me to stay and cuddle her a bit so she could sleep comfortably. So I got behind her and spooned her, as she pulled my arm under her head to rest on and pressed my other hand into her belly. She lay silent for a long while, with just the occasional drip of wetness down her cheek or shudder coming through her abdomen. After about twenty minutes I got up and wished her good night and told her I hoped she'd follow through on working on her problem. She whispered, "thank you. You're a golden friend. I'll reach for a hug from you instead of a drink."

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

June 21, 2020 8:52 pm  #2

Re: Female Friend, Very Emotional Crying and Comforting

First of all, I'm glad she is decided to replace alcohol with your hugs, so I guess there will be more obs un the near future, as she will be calling you more frequently.

I love how she wraps herself to your body to cry, seems a very intimate position. Based on your description, she initially had her cheek against yours so the tears went from her cheek to yours. Then, when you took her to bed, she held your hand against her cheek, so her tears rolled from her cheek to your hand. Lovely, It's been a while since I have felt that. Great obs, thank you for sharing.

June 21, 2020 9:46 pm  #3

She calls me pretty frequently as is. I've become her go-to comforter.

June 21, 2020 10:01 pm  #4

Nice, looking forward reading more obs. Two hours crying is definitely a lot of crying, when she broke the wrap, were you able to trace her tear streaks, or was her face completely wey with tears?
Did you wipe her tears from her cheeks?

June 21, 2020 10:18 pm  #5

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Nice, looking forward reading more obs. Two hours crying is definitely a lot of crying, when she broke the wrap, were you able to trace her tear streaks, or was her face completely wey with tears?

She kinda nuzzled them all over my palm. Almost like a cat when it gets petted. Her tears tend to coat her cheeks rather than run down in individual drops.

June 21, 2020 10:38 pm  #6

NeedHerSobs wrote:

Amans lacrimae wrote:

She kinda nuzzled them all over my palm. Almost like a cat when it gets petted. Her tears tend to coat her cheeks rather than run down in individual drops.

So, her tears go like the waves of the sea, slowly coating her cheeks. Did the layer of tears manage to go beyond her cheeks (either her neck or fall)?

June 21, 2020 10:49 pm  #7

I hadn't really noticed. She's a semi-wet crier but not the wettest I've seen, definitely.

June 22, 2020 5:06 am  #8

NeedHerSobs wrote:

This happened a few nights ago. I've mentioned this woman before, how she tends to get emotional and drink too much. Well, it happened again and she asked me to come stay with her for a few hours.

Last time I wrote how she decided to plunk herself in my lap and wrap around me while she cried. That's apparently become her default comfort position now, because she wanted me to be in a chair big enough that she could cry in my lap again. Tbh, it was a little awkward because she had drank quite a lot and was fairly limp, so I had to keep adjusting her.

Eventually the talk turned to me being concerned over her drinking, and I think I pierced her armor for the first time that she might be alcoholic, and people were genuinely concerned about her dependence on it.

At some point she slurred "I need to cry. Please hold me tight." And so I did, squeezing her against me with her wrapped around. I've mentioned before that she tends to cry silently. There was just a feeling of her wet cheek against mine as her body began to writhe with sobs. They were very hard sobs, quiet but strained, each one making her belly spasm sending a ripple up and down her as she bounced against me. They came in long sequences like she couldn't control them, and eventually she'd strain them to stop for a second, just long enough to take a fluttering hiccup of breath.

This all went on for the better part of two hours until she asked me to help her to the bathroom and hold her hair, and agreed to work on her drinking. She admitted it helped her escape from loneliness, and her lack of a relationship for the past several years. She kept squeezing my hands against her and telling me how much she missed human touch.

I pretty much carried her up to her bed after that and she asked me to stay and cuddle her a bit so she could sleep comfortably. So I got behind her and spooned her, as she pulled my arm under her head to rest on and pressed my other hand into her belly. She lay silent for a long while, with just the occasional drip of wetness down her cheek or shudder coming through her abdomen. After about twenty minutes I got up and wished her good night and told her I hoped she'd follow through on working on her problem. She whispered, "thank you. You're a golden friend. I'll reach for a hug from you instead of a drink."

Ahhhhhh this is the sweetest, cutest thing I've heard all day!! I'm so glad you could be a supportive ear/warm shoulder for your friend, and it's nice to hear that she's starting to admit she needs help. If I was in your shoes, I might have fallen head over heels in love with her on the spot, so you're stronger than I am! I hope you two continue to support each other in times like these.

June 22, 2020 7:37 pm  #9

Dacrypticphile wrote:

Ahhhhhh this is the sweetest, cutest thing I've heard all day!! I'm so glad you could be a supportive ear/warm shoulder for your friend, and it's nice to hear that she's starting to admit she needs help. If I was in your shoes, I might have fallen head over heels in love with her on the spot, so you're stronger than I am! I hope you two continue to support each other in times like these.

Tbh, she kinda gets on my nerves. She asked me once years ago if I wanted to get a place with her and be roommates and I flat out told her I couldn't handle being around her that much. But I promised her I'd always be her friend when things got rough for her so...I guess being her designated crying shoulder is my fate with her.

June 22, 2020 8:29 pm  #10

NeedHerSobs wrote:

Dacrypticphile wrote:

Tbh, she kinda gets on my nerves. She asked me once years ago if I wanted to get a place with her and be roommates and I flat out told her I couldn't handle being around her that much. But I promised her I'd always be her friend when things got rough for her so...I guess being her designated crying shoulder is my fate with her.

I would have never thought. It would have been interesting, however, to live with her just in the fact that you would be close enough to comfort her anytime she's in need. (Most people's dream). But it's good you two stayed friends and that you are willing to be her designated crying shoulder.

Board footera