You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2012 10:01 pm  #1

In Treatment - outstanding crying scene with Josh Charles

I repost this where it belongs :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXBpX7r_N0

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 18, 2012 3:34 pm  #2

Re: In Treatment - outstanding crying scene with Josh Charles

That was a nice long scene.  So often male crying lasts for a few seconds at the end of a scene and it seems like it's being used as a device to move on to the next scene.  But this crying stood on its own as an integral part of the scene -- although not super dramatic, it was steady and not rushed.

August 18, 2012 8:06 pm  #3

Good point Woundedpuppy, this is what i love about scenes like this. They seem very realistic and the guy involved cries very naturally unlike holywood movies typical crying scenes where we always see the ''ultimate single tear'' streaming down one cheek for dramatic effect in just 5 seconds, or the fake forced tearless crying on the part of the tough guy. But this series is an exception anyway because it's about couple therapy and the characters are supposed to exibit strong feelings of sadness. Irecommend you to see the original scene where you can follow the interaction in your native language. Josh Charles's part is really much more intense like this. He's such a good actor without even looking impressive.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 18, 2012 8:10 pm  #4

For those who like women crying scenes; during this clip you can also see Embeth Davidtz crying, lot of tears but somewhat dignified crying and her part is shorter then Josh Charls )

Woody Harrelson

August 19, 2012 12:31 am  #5

Aww, I wish she'd cried harder. I wanted to see her cry ever since I saw her in Matilda.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 23, 2012 2:52 am  #6

WAIT, Josh Charles is my favorite actor (from Sports Night, mostly), and I've spent ages wanting a scene from him but I'd never seen him in In Treatment. Thank you SO MUCH for posting this.

August 27, 2012 10:48 pm  #7

My pleasure Paperthings, i like to go for the rare ones and Josh Charles was among those. ) Before this scene i couldn't even imagine him crying, he doesn't seem the type. So is Gary Cole but happily he cries too in Fatal Vision. 

Woody Harrelson

April 27, 2013 9:16 pm  #8

I just bumped into this & the video was already taken down :/
Do you still remember which episode of In Treatment it came from, psychic_girl?

April 28, 2013 4:26 pm  #9

Damn, why did they do that? The clips with Steve Iwin were removed too, obsessed people !
Yes, i know the episode, i saw it entirely a few months ago.. It's from season 1, episode 34. He also tears up in 35 episode. Enjoy !

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 28, 2013 4:27 pm)

Woody Harrelson

April 28, 2013 8:24 pm  #10

Thank you so much!
I'm looking for more of him now <3
I don't think I've seen him in any movies/TV series before this.. 

I watched the whole Jake & Amy story and found that the most crying from Josh Charles came from episode 24. It was such a great episode!

Last edited by sakura (April 28, 2013 9:20 pm)

Board footera