You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2020 11:35 pm  #1

Prolonged Female Friend Crying Obs

This happened a few nights ago, when I was visiting a friend and the discussion turned emotional with regards to past relationship troubles she's had. We were seated on opposite sides of the bed, holding hands as she sometimes likes to do.

Her tears kind of came and went in waves, sometimes welling up and flowing down in streaks along her face, other times holding back and staying reserved. I noticed that she seemed to be overall very tearful though, which was interesting as I hadn't previously considered her a very wet crier, but I'm now taking a second look at that.

We sat and talked for about two hours, and she was sniffly and tearful and red-eyed almost the whole time. Several times she laughed at the fact that she always seems to get emotional when I'm around. I apparently have that effect, because I recently received a text from another female friend mentioning that she may need some consolation soon. In it she noted that I was the only person ever to not make her feel weak for showing emotion, and she naturally feels the urge to cry around me because of all the other times she's held back. She even assured me that this was a good thing, "you don't make me cry, I just get emotional because I feel safe crying in front of you."

Funny how I seem to have that effect, but I won't complain.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

September 13, 2020 3:42 pm  #2

Re: Prolonged Female Friend Crying Obs

Interesting how she produced more tears this time than on previous ones. did her face become so wet that no individual tear streaks were visible, or how many tear streaks adorned her face? Were the tears big and thick or small and left thin streaks? How did you react to her crying (hug her, wipe her tears, pat her shoulder or leg...).

September 17, 2020 1:00 pm  #3

Re: Prolonged Female Friend Crying Obs

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Interesting how she produced more tears this time than on previous ones. did her face become so wet that no individual tear streaks were visible, or how many tear streaks adorned her face? Were the tears big and thick or small and left thin streaks? How did you react to her crying (hug her, wipe her tears, pat her shoulder or leg...).

They seemed to be pretty large tears, a greater quantity of wetness than I was expecting from her.

I has an urge to hug her/hold her hand and offered to do both but she politely declined, saying she wasn't in a touchy mood at the moment.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

Board footera