You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 26, 2020 4:24 am  #1

Captured - Part 2

This is a continuation of my first fiction which can be seen here (https://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic_mobile.php?id=2364). I don't really write anymore, so forgive me if it's not great. Hope you like it anyway.

———————————

When she woke up, she could still see the tear stain he left on her shoulder. But he was nowhere to be found. They had a big house, being in the CIA pays surprisingly well. She went searching for him throughout their home. She was losing hope in even finding him until she found him sitting against the tree in their backyard.

His hair was tousled and his clothes disheveled. Despite the mess, he was still handsome to her. As she neared him, she heard his stifled sobs and noticed the tears on his cheeks. Dozens of wads of tissues were littered around him as the trauma he had been through leaked itself from his soul in the form of tears. He clenched his teeth as tears relentlessly streamed down his cheeks.

He hadn't noticed her approach him yet, so she sat down next to him and wrapped her right arm around his shoulder. He jumped with a start.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," she whispered.

He shook his head and looked away as another tear hooked onto his eyelashes.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He shook his head again. The movement released 3 more tears that swiftly streamed down his face. He refused to look at her as he silently cried. She wrapped her left arm across his chest and leaned her head on his shoulder.

In response to the gesture, a gut-wrenchingly deep sob escaped him. He covered his mouth as burning hot tears cascaded down his cheeks. His entire body began shaking violently as he was wracked with an onslaught of tears and deep sobs. He started chewing on his lower lip as his walls came tumbling down brick by brick. He squeezed his eyes shut, allowing multiple tear streaks to course down each of his cheeks.

As he cried, there was a rawness to it. He hadn't cried in years despite the trauma and violence he was regularly exposed to in his career. His dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears as he fought to regain control.

She let go of him and climbed into his lap and wrapped her legs around his waist. He opened his eyes, earnestly looking for a wave of comfort in her eyes. His eyelashes were clumped together like he had been swimming, and his blue eyes looked like an ocean had been encased inside of glass marbles.

"Don't leave me," he pleaded as he gripped the collar of her shirt in his hands.

"I'll never leave you," she promised him as she looped her arms around his back.

More sobs overcame him as he listened to her reassurances. He cried into her chest as she ran her hands through his hair and held him silently.

Eventually the cries silenced and the tears slowed down to a small stream. "I don't know how to move on," he whispered.

"You already are, babe," she said. "All of this is processing it and giving you a way to move on."

"It doesn't feel like that," he replied.

"I know, and it won't for a long time," she said, "but if you keep letting it out and processing it, one day you'll find you moved on."

"What if I can't? What if it's too much and I lose it?"

"You won't if you process it and learn ways to cope and deal with it. I'll help you and I'll be there every step of the way, okay?"

"Okay, love," he whispered. He pulled away from her chest and looked sheepishly at her. There was a hesitance, like he was afraid she'd be repulsed by the remains of his crying session. Of course, she wasn't. With one hand on his cheek, she kissed away the remainder of his tears from his cheeks and his red, slightly swollen eyes.

The gesture caused a fresh set of tears to well up in his eyes and he bit his lip in a desperate attempt to distract himself from the tears threatening to spill over yet again. They couldn't tear their eyes from each other's, a silent exchange of words being shared between them. The tears shimmered in his red-rimmed eyes, dancing on the edges but never falling. At last, a single tear rolled down his cheek. A small gasp released itself from his chest as he reached up to dry his tear. She beat him to it, thumbing it away under his eye. More tears fell at her touch, slowly trickling down his cheeks.

She tried to thumb them away but he grasped her hands before she could. "Every time you do that, I cry more. I'm so tired of crying," he explained. "I just need to let my tears fall."

She nodded and rubbed circles on the backs of his hands as the streams flowed. Foreheads leaning against each other, he cried silently. Tears fell from his eyes, his chin, his cheeks. Some landed on their hands, others landed in their laps, others on his chest.

After a bit, his tears slowed as he gave her a kiss.

Last edited by Cryophilia (October 26, 2020 4:31 am)

October 26, 2020 5:20 am  #2

Re: Captured - Part 2

This was beautifully written. I could picture every detail. It was very heartbreaking yet comforting. I loved the line that said that every time she lovingly wiped his tears away it made him cry more and he just wanted to cry it out without having new tears form. I found that mesmerizing.

October 26, 2020 3:22 pm  #3

Lovely, tender and very emotional, beautiful description. I particularly love three moments. The first one is when he squeezed his eyes, allowing multiple tear streaks to course down each of his cheeks. The second one, when she climbed on him and wrapped her legs around his waist. And finally, I love the gesture she had when she kissed his tears, then wiped a tear, being stopped, that line is stunning Every time you do that, I cry more. I'm so tired of crying," he explained. "I just need to let my tears fall.".

Keep it up, I'd love to read more from you.

October 26, 2020 6:20 pm  #4

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Lovely, tender and very emotional, beautiful description. I particularly love three moments. The first one is when he squeezed his eyes, allowing multiple tear streaks to course down each of his cheeks. The second one, when she climbed on him and wrapped her legs around his waist. And finally, I love the gesture she had when she kissed his tears, then wiped a tear, being stopped, that line is stunning Every time you do that, I cry more. I'm so tired of crying," he explained. "I just need to let my tears fall.".

Keep it up, I'd love to read more from you.

That's the line I was referring to. I agree it was quite stunning <3

Board footera