You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2020 1:54 am  #31

Re: Started a Crying Girl Supercut YouTube Channel

cray stinger wrote:

Excellent as always! I'm surprised she doesn't shed more unchecked tears, but it's not much of an issue for me as I like tear filled eyes and tears that fall like rain (there weren't as many of those as there were in Reign, but they were still good), and I liked that she wipes her tears in a good number of scenes, though it'd have been great if she hadn't completely covered her face/eyes when she did that. The thumbnail for the video was outstanding, can you post your thumbnails in the images section? Your thumbnails are as good as your videos.

Glad you appreciate the thumbnails! I do tend to go a bit over the top with them. Yes I'll upload some images soon I think. 

You might have guessed, but for each of the individual 'images' that make up a thumbnail I end up taking a few screen shots during tear falls and overlay them on top of each other to make it look like an impossible amount of tears falling all at once. That wasn't originally the plan but I found it so hard to choose which individual frames look best during a scene and then discovered I could easily combine them. It doesn't take too long to do that on photoshop, it's something I do while the video is rendering / uploading.
So it is super unnatural looking but I figured it's certainly striking (which is what a thumbnail's for, right?)

Hmm... writing this up made me think I should share a bit more about my whole end to end process for making the videos. If you're interested I'll happily share more.

December 6, 2020 2:57 am  #32

Ahh you know what I couldn't stop myself. Here's my process in detail:

First step is obviously just tracking down content. Easier said than done especially as I try to locate ALL of the crying scenes in something. I do mean all - this is actually a big deal for me, as if it wasn't obvious I'm kind of a crazy OCD guy so it's my top priority to make sure I don't miss anything. So the only way to make sure is to acquire every episode of it. That's easy if it's on YouTube (using script tools like youtube-dl) but a challenge otherwise. There's no silver bullet here but I've gone to extreme lengths before like subscribing to random foreign streaming services and using chrome extensions to extract the feeds.

Next I isolate the crying scenes. I'm on Mac, I use QuickTime to skim through which is much more responsive than YouTube and so it allows me to locate crying scenes quite fast. I then trim the entire scenes out and save them separately, QuickTime does this losslessly and quickly if it's just a single trim. Then I eventually delete the originals. It's a lot of disk space! Note: Please don't ask me to share files - I really wouldn't be comfortable, I settled on my supercuts as the most ethical (and practical) way of sharing. 

Next... iMovie. I start a new project using a template of just the title and end screen which I made for my first video. I drag the first scene in. I immediately crop the edges of the screen and mess with the colour balance a bit to hopefully throw off YouTube's automated detection. Then I start working my way through the clip, cutting out small clips of the best bits, making sure to show all tear movement, sobbing etc. The keyboard shortcuts are muscle memory now. As I'm going through I'll also have a private copy of the stats google sheet open and keep on adding to my counts as I go, including the timestamps. I basically never go back once I've added something in, it's just easier to do one pass of it. If I need to adjust the crop on individual clips I will. Also if there's music with no voices or sobbing I'll mute it. I also make sure no clip is longer than a few seconds. Just trying to be as safe as possible. 

How long does it take to edit a complete video? Well I tend to do small amounts a time. With Forevermore in total it was about 10-12 hours to edit which is honestly pretty good considering the amount of clips. I had already located all the scenes ages ago and have no idea how long that took me. Overall it is a huge undertaking and I'm not sure I want to know!

As the video is exporting or uploading there's a few admin bits to do: 
- Making the thumbanil (as described in above post)
- Finishing off the google sheets log and pasting it into the final 'live version' (e.g. adding episode air dates... there's my OCD again)
- Writing video description including the final stats tally and often pretty arbitrary chapter markers just to make it a little easier to find specific parts (did I mention my OCD)

I'll let the video sit in drafts a little bit to make sure it 'clears' any initial content checks (been lucky so far) and also because I probably need a break and haven't quite finished the admin bits...
But then eventually I give in and make it public, notify you guys and there we go!

I'm really giving this my all. It's probably the strangest and most unhealthy commitment I've ever had in my life. But I do genuinely enjoy it. My priority is making sure I don't suffer burnout. I'm probably getting pretty close but I'm optimistic that I'll be able to continue doing this at a healthy pace.

December 6, 2020 9:50 am  #33

Please don't burn yourself out. As much as I love watching your crying videos I want you to remain healthy at the same time. Keeping your list private will help a bit as it won't create hype

Yes you did mention your OCD, we all have little moments like that including me!

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

December 6, 2020 8:04 pm  #34

Great work, and I love that each girl cries different, Bruna has a lovely face, with a few tear streaks down her cheeks, cute lip curl and beautiful facial expression. Adelaide has a lot of tears falling freely from her eyes, I have noticed her tears seldom run down her cheeks, they fall mostly directly from her eyes or from the upper part of her cheek directly to another surface. Liza has the best tears in my opinion (even though I find Bruna more attractive), she has big, round teardrops that leave a visible thick streak on her cheek, she has an aesthetic crying expression, I love when the guy who is with her wipes her tears, big plus.

December 15, 2020 10:37 pm  #35

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Great work, and I love that each girl cries different, Bruna has a lovely face, with a few tear streaks down her cheeks, cute lip curl and beautiful facial expression. Adelaide has a lot of tears falling freely from her eyes, I have noticed her tears seldom run down her cheeks, they fall mostly directly from her eyes or from the upper part of her cheek directly to another surface. Liza has the best tears in my opinion (even though I find Bruna more attractive), she has big, round teardrops that leave a visible thick streak on her cheek, she has an aesthetic crying expression, I love when the guy who is with her wipes her tears, big plus.

You've captured my thoughts, except I probably find Liza the most attractive as well (or maybe Adelaide).

December 20, 2020 2:33 am  #36

I have too much time on my hands...
Bhavna Limbachia Coronation Street crying supercut (Rana's actress) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZrAat9FZZU

There may be something else coming before the end of the year, let's see

December 20, 2020 4:12 am  #37

Wow! That's probably the most tearful one so far. That scene at around 2:40 is on a whole new level. I've seen some scenes of this girl crying before on YouTube, but I had no idea she'd be this good. Are there other shows she's been in where she cries? She's such an amazing crier and makes most others seem like amateurs with her sheer quantity of tears.

December 20, 2020 8:52 am  #38

I'm annoyed they killed her off. Not because she was a great crier but they put her character through the ringer at least she could be be happy with her new wife but no!

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

December 20, 2020 1:13 pm  #39

OnlyTears wrote:

I have too much time on my hands...
Bhavna Limbachia Coronation Street crying supercut (Rana's actress) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZrAat9FZZU

There may be something else coming before the end of the year, let's see

One of my favourites. The compilation is missing some of her best lip curls, though.

Here's a challenge for you, a compliation of crying from this show:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGRhcC_vtOrb9DLVQyal6UEBd1UnzrAWc

Ugly crying is pretty crying

December 20, 2020 3:43 pm  #40

Haha most Filipino shows are definitely a challenge, and there are so many to choose from. I’d classify Forevermore as actually being one of the easier ones to go through, yet it’s still my longest video so far. There are shows with a similar amount of episodes where the lead actress cries 200-300 times instead of 100.

Here’s one I found quite notable: 88 episodes, 20 mins each, which sounds comparatively easy to edit but just skimming through you’ll see the lead actress cries in almost every scene she’s in - the final count must be truly insane here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGRhcC_vtOrZJdGsOc8rr-zwoaiJmbJ8X

To answer Cray’s question no I don’t think Bhavna has done any other crying roles yet, fingers crossed for more in future.

Sorry if I missed a few lip curls it’s perhaps something I’m not as conscious of when I’m focusing on the tears, I will try to do better!

Board footera