You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2012 12:02 am  #11

Re: Interests and Hobbies?

Somehow I missed this topic! I am very into animals-- I have a horse of my own, and I volunteer a few hours a week working with rescued farm animals, which is my favorite thing in the world. I'm getting into vegan cooking and baking, although I could stand to be a lot more adventurous with my vegetables.

I also love reading, buying, owning books. I will never get an e-reader!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 8, 2012 9:08 pm  #12

Meantangerine, I hate e-readers! Actually, the reader itself isn't awful (my BF has one), but I just despise the concept. I like being able to turn the pages, hold the book in my hands, see it on my shelf, see how much I've read and how much I have left. It does not translate at all to the electronic format. My fondest childhood/young adulthood memories are relaxing with book after book in the early mornings, watching the sun come up. I just love to read so much.

Okay, I guess I've just been waiting to rant about that. Haha!

October 9, 2012 4:52 am  #13

Carrotcake, I agree.  Besides, books don't require batteries.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 9, 2012 4:10 pm  #14

I've come to the point where I have so many books I don't know where to put them. It might be worth getting an e-reader just to save space and trees.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 9, 2012 9:03 pm  #15

One of the things I do periodically is go through every book I own, and get rid of the ones that I don't plan on reading again.  I donate them to the local Library Book Drive, or pass them on to friends and family.

Anonymous

October 10, 2012 8:58 pm  #16

First I'll have to work on my borderline hoarding of books

October 16, 2012 8:26 pm  #17

carrotcake wrote:

Meantangerine, I hate e-readers! Actually, the reader itself isn't awful (my BF has one), but I just despise the concept. I like being able to turn the pages, hold the book in my hands, see it on my shelf, see how much I've read and how much I have left. It does not translate at all to the electronic format.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel too!  I may try out an e-reader at some point, but I doubt I'll like it as much as reading a regular book.

Besides reading, going to the library, collecting books, reading fanfiction, etc...I enjoy watching what I consider to be quality television and movies.  I guess I just love anything that tells a good story!  I also love to cook and bake (too much probably!), spending time with good friends or my cat, drinking wine and beer in moderation, and exploring museums/areas of historical significance.

I'm not as physically active as I should be...currently trying to remedy that and lose some weight at the moment.  I especially enjoy yoga classes, zumba classes, kickboxing, pilates, and nature walks.

Last edited by thedreamer (October 16, 2012 8:26 pm)

October 22, 2012 5:59 pm  #18

Am I the only person left on earth who doesn't take zumba classes?!?! I swear, even my elderly female professor has mentioned her zumba instructor.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 22, 2012 7:00 pm  #19

You're not the only one.  I don't take them either.

Anonymous

October 23, 2012 2:09 am  #20

I don't take them either. In fact, I don't even know what they are, and I'm too lazy to google it.

Board footera