You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2012 2:13 am  #1

Translation help

So, I know I have been pretty much inactive for the past several months, due to schoolwork and other online fora taking up my time, but I came across this video the other day, and enjoyed what I saw.  Unfortunately, I don't speak German, and have found myself curious as to what the characters are saying in the crying scenes/what the reason for the girl's crying is.  If I recall correctly, at least one member of this forum speaks German fluently, so help would be greatly appreciated. 

Here's the clip:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_JcwIfWS6Y&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLchbT7NK7xePKtfrN6OuRgA

September 20, 2012 3:19 pm  #2

Re: Translation help

Wereabouts is the crying scene. I tried to find it in the clip and then the video broke down!!

(I'm just interested in the crying bit)

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

September 20, 2012 6:39 pm  #3

There is what may be a preview/setup for the crying scene around 1:20 (that's when Franziska, the red-haired girl who later cries, first appears in the clip), but the crying scene doesn't start until around 3:00-3:40.  That's when Franziska starts crying, and leaves the room, at which point we have a scene change.  Franziska doesn't come back in (blowing her nose/crying in the female bathroom) until about 4:50.  Basically, any of Franziska's scenes would be nice to be able to understand in English.

September 22, 2012 2:34 am  #4

Ok, basically she's upset because she's going to have a baby brother and she's only going to have half a bedroom (I guess the house is being renovated, or she's going to have to share, couldn't quite tell). Then she gets upset in class and the teacher sends a friend with her. Another friend offers to go too, but the teacher says no. Then they're in the bathroom and the friends are comforting her, bringing her cola. One of them offers to talk to someone about it for her (the parents? couldn't quite tell on the first listen), and Franziska worries about going back to class, but the friend says that she should just stay there for a bit and not worry about it.
That's the basic idea, maybe BadCr can help more.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

Board footera