You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2021 11:25 pm  #1

I just had a minor epiphany about my crying 'type'

Ok, so my general crying type is 'men onscreen'. Not every man but most of them. 

But I realized just today that there is a special special place in my heart for when it's a smartass who cries. Like, something in me kinda broke the first time Mulder cried on the X-Files.

Recently I've been watching through 'Psych' and um I really want to see Shawn (James Roday Rodriguez) cry. Genuine crying, not just comedy crying. Realizing I have a subtype makes me understand better why it is I want to see him cry as much as I do. It probably won't happen. Anyways, yay for gaining a new understanding of oneself?

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

February 15, 2021 11:13 pm  #2

Re: I just had a minor epiphany about my crying 'type'

I think this works for me as well, though i got to  see some smartass in real life at the college and he had the same effect on me as 'onscreen men' but only for a shorter time . The reason i like those scenes so much is that the crying is detailed, i get to see all those moments when it unravels with some particularties that i know i may never see in real life, it's like a can peek through a door and see the mystery and the beauty of men in their most genuine moments. This is what makes vulnarable  onscreen men  almost a guilty pleasure. I wonder why a lot of men don't do it more often in real life although some definitely don't hide at all. .

Last edited by psychic_girl (February 15, 2021 11:17 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera