You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2021 12:35 pm  #1

Should we come up with new words to describe nuances of dacryphilia?

The last couple of discussion threads have been interesting, and it makes me wonder whether we should create words to capture some of the nuances and subtypes of dacryphilia, just because dacryphilia seems like a pretty broad term. I have what I consider more of a tears fetish than a "crying" fetish, though because tears are predominantly caused by crying, it can be considered a crying fetish. Then, there are plenty of people who do indeed have a true "crying" fetish, including things like the emotions, sobbing, lip curl, etc. And then, there are those who like comforting crying people rather than admiring the audio-visual aspects of crying. Do you think it'll be helpful to create three sub-categories of dacryphilia, like tearsphilia, pure dacryphilia, and comfortphilia?

April 30, 2021 2:31 pm  #2

Re: Should we come up with new words to describe nuances of dacryphilia?

This is becoming quite interesting, like you mention, the last couple of posts have been quite deep. I gave a thought to your proposal of giving a specific name to the philiae, and I found myself fitting in all three of them, so, how should I name that?

April 30, 2021 5:03 pm  #3

Hello!

I also believe it could be an interesting thing to put new specific meanings for the word dacryphilia and more than that, it could be very helpful (especially for people like me who don't know much about it and who are "new" to it, people who are still looking for themselves, etc)
I think the word can have a very personal meaning to a lot of people, which is even more interesting! I like your suggestions about the three sub-categories, but I also was wondering if the word "auto-dacryphilia" could be a correct a term too in the spectrum of dacryphilia? I don't know "what kind of dacryphilic (I don't know if that word exists) I am, but I think I'm more into my own cries, as others' pain only saddens me

« A mon chagrin, il fallait, cette nuit-là, les orgues de la pluie dans les caniveaux et les tonneaux. » — Violette Leduc, La Bâtarde.

my avatar is from a set called "Blessed are those who weep" from the photographer Laura Makabreku

April 30, 2021 5:14 pm  #4

Lol would that make me pan-dacryphilia? Because I love all of it, all crying, all genders.

We’ve already made up a bunch of words for this forum, like lip curling. I suppose there’s no harm in making up more.

I'm a woman and I think women are beautiful when they cry.

Board footera