You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2012 4:55 am  #11

Re: Songs about crying

This one, The Ultimate Crying Fetish song, It truly epitomizes the whole appeal of the fetish in the first place. No matter what version it's in, you have to love it. I like the one where Finn (Glee) Sings to his unborn child, but they are all good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DfuECQ_p4&feature=related

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

November 17, 2012 3:25 am  #12

This song was composed completely for this scene which may be why I find this song so emotionally effecting ( I truly grieved for Mark Greene as if I had lost a friend, kind sad I know), but this song is so incredibly bittersweet.  It makes me want to cry every time I hear it.

Ignore the scene, just listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_kxgdrpXSE

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

December 28, 2012 1:32 am  #13

Actress Ellen Page just tweeted:

"People singing shakily while they cry destroys me. Okay? I'm not made of stone. #lesmis"

I am going to see that movie (Les Mis) soon, actually.  Will let you guys know if there's any nice male shaky-singing-while-crying action...

December 29, 2012 10:59 pm  #14

Well, turns out I couldn't help but cry myself several times during Les Miserables! (movie)   

Suffice it to say, plenty of good acting/crying, both male and female.

January 31, 2013 6:28 am  #15

woundedpuppy wrote:

Well, turns out I couldn't help but cry myself several times during Les Miserables! (movie)

Suffice it to say, plenty of good acting/crying, both male and female.

Wish I'd been back here sooner to comment on this!  Took me a week or two to see Les Mis (I wanted to see it on Christmas Day, but fate kept intervening lol) but I adored it.  You've nothing to be ashamed of, woundedpuppy, it's such an emotional story!  I didn't cry myself while watching it, which surprised me as I cry somewhat often during sad films, but the (female) friend I saw it with teared up at least once at the end.  Funny how I never realized what a depressing story it could be until I saw the film version - the visual details of the poverty and sickness really drove that point home further than the stage play does IMO.  Still, it has moments of hope and beauty and I loved it.

Relating to this, I do have a (not very detailed) obs to share about my Les Mis experience.  If I don't remember to post it later tonight, someone remind me to share it later.

Last edited by thedreamer (January 31, 2013 6:29 am)

October 27, 2013 12:35 am  #16

If any of y'all are into hard-core blues, there's a piece called Drown In My Own Tears that is a real classic.  I have versions of it by Johnny Winter and the Spencer Davis Group,  but I think it was by Ray Charles back in the fifties or maybe earlier to start with.

October 27, 2013 3:35 am  #17

Handkerchief, you're right. Ray Charles did sing it. I found it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ekn9dAYfz0

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 27, 2013 12:45 pm  #18

Tonight I wanna cry by Keith urban. He sings it sounding like he really is gonna cry any second.it a song about needing to get past the resistance and let th he tears out to grieve for a breakup.seriously sad and stunning.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb5P_pw8Fc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCzb5P_pw8Fc

Tears are the last gift of true love.

October 27, 2013 3:31 pm  #19

There's also I'll cry with you by Hunter Hayes.and I want tears by Michelle branch. But nothing captures the feeling of being alone and wanting to let it out like Keith urban

Tears are the last gift of true love.

October 30, 2013 2:55 am  #20

How do y'all feel about Justin Bieber?  Me, I can't figure what all the waterworks are about, but there's sure plenty of 'em!

Board footera