You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 28, 2012 5:52 pm  #1

Crying Superpower

If you had a superpower to make someone cry what would it be and how would you implement it.

Of course mine would be to make some one shed a single tear either left eye or the right, or single tear out of both eyes. Not sure exactly how I would implement it maybe by touch on the arm maybe

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

October 28, 2012 7:24 pm  #2

Re: Crying Superpower

Fun thread.  I guess mine would take the form of spell casting.  So, whether I was in the room with someone or not wouldn't really matter.  I would just think about the person I wanted to see cry and either recite a simple magical spell or just concentrate on the thought of them crying, and the spell would be cast!  The spell would cause the person to feel an intense need to cry (very profuse crying) and the need to look to me (and only me) for comfort.  In a case where the person was in the room with me at the time, it would probably happen pretty quickly, but in a case where it was someone I knew personally who wasn't in the room (even someone in a different country) it would take a bit longer to see how the spell would take shape.  It could be quick - like getting a teary phone call right after I cast the spell - but it could also go a lot more slowly -- like them deciding to arrange a special visit when our schedules allowed.  Either way, I wouldn't mind the wait because I'd know the spell had worked and it was just a matter of how it was going to play out.  In fact, sometimes the more teasing, the better -- especially when you KNOW you're going to hit the jackpot in the end.

October 29, 2012 5:14 am  #3

Wounded, I like the way you think.  I guess my choice would be to be able to magically appear when the person of choice was crying, I could either be an observer or could interact, depending on how I felt and the need of the other person.

Imagine being able to "pop" in on someone you know you will never see in real life, right at the moment when they are at their most vulnerable.  Gives me chills!

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 29, 2012 9:50 pm  #4

This gets pretty close to my ultimate fantasy! I would love to have super powers to make people cry - I have had dreams relating to this!!

For me it would work like a telepathic command that I could target at an individual with, which would give them an overwhelming urge to burst into tears. I would be able to control the intensity from slient quiet tears rolling down cheeks to full on sobbing. I would also have the ability to cause them to replay their last crying episodes so I could see what they usualy cry like.

Because sometimes when I see an attractive woman in the street, on the train, serving in a shop and I wonder what they look like crying I'd need the power to make complete strangers cry. Even if I could make them cry they would never seek me out to provide them with comfort under normal circumstances. So, I guess my powers would need to extend to also making them believe I was a significant other or a trusted friend that they are comfortable crying in front of and allow me to give them a hug and wipe away the tears as they roll down their cheeks.

The thought is just too much !

October 29, 2012 11:09 pm  #5

I like all these ideas... imagine having ALL these superpowers!  But I'm sure I'd settle for even just one (in real life).  Still waiting on some kind of discreet perfume that magically does the trick (someone may invent one eventually)

October 30, 2012 12:16 am  #6

Wow! This would be incredible. While I would love to be able to trigger crying, somehow it seems more "realistic" to imagine being able to appear near whoever I fantasized about crying (as caircair said). I mean, if it were a superpower, you could conceivably do this with unlimited people unlimited times. That would be cool. Maybe it would be nice to be able to choose whether or not the person was aware that I'd walked in. If I just wanted to observe, I'd be invisible to the person. If I wanted to comfort or interact, the person would know I was there, but he wouldn't be surprised that I'd appeared, obviously.

Woundedpuppy, I LOVE the teary phone call idea. Like, I could just think of someone, cast a spell, and my phone would ring.

Now I'm going through all the logistics in my mind for all of these, haha. It would be incredible!

October 30, 2012 12:29 am  #7

Well, if I forced someone to make a big fat bottom lip then they themselves wouldn't be doing it - and therefore it would be useless.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 30, 2012 5:31 am  #8

I'd like to make an addendum to my superpower - it should work for the past as well as the present.  That way I could visit people I've wanted to see cry but who lived before my time.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 30, 2012 7:11 pm  #9

I'd go with making Nefertiti cry. She was bare fit!

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 30, 2012 8:10 pm  #10

TorNorth wrote:

Well, if I forced someone to make a big fat bottom lip then they themselves wouldn't be doing it - and therefore it would be useless.

Perhaps your superpower would be to know which women cry naturally with a big fat bottom lip and then to see them put it into practice.
I could extend my powers to know which women allow tears to roll down their face unchecked when they cry 

Board footera