You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2021 11:35 pm  #1

"Mr. Corman": Crying Taken OUT of Scene :-(

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's new show "Mr. Corman", about an anxiety-plagued teacher, is really wonderful and has some great potential for tears (hopefully) in the future.  But this article in Entertaiment Weekly reveals that creator Gordon-Levitt used a neuropsychologist to consult on the scripts and she recommended TAKING OUT what sounded like an intense crying scene.  
It was written as, "Then he starts to cry.  He tries to stop. But he can't.  He cries more."  
The stupid psychologist X'ed it out and wrote "maybe not crying" (you can see the actual script page and the explanation in this article here):  https://ew.com/tv/joseph-gordon-levitt-mr-corman-preview/
I was very disappointed to read this, but I still really enjoyed the first two episodes (it's still very emotional) and thought Gordon-Levitt was terrific.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

August 8, 2021 7:49 pm  #2

Re: "Mr. Corman": Crying Taken OUT of Scene :-(

Oh I so disapprove of removing crying scenes! Grrr. Ok ok I'm not saying that sometimes it would be out of place if left in, but dammit I still want to see it! At least shoot it so it can be a deleted scene we can see later!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera