You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 19, 2021 3:46 am  #11

Re: How does 'funny' male crying or Tobey Maguire's cryface make you feel?

caircair wrote:

One that comes immediately to mind is "The Big Bang Theory". The character of Raj has a quirk in that he literally can't talk to women unless he's drunk. In the show, he had found a girlfriend who had extreme social anxiety disorder, so they talked by texting, even when they were in the same room. He asked her to meet his friends, but that was too much for her, so she broke up with him. In the scene, his friend Penny stops by to see how he's doing. 

It's actually an interesting scene, because he cries twice -- the first time more realistically, and the second time at the end is pure comedic crying.

(22) Raj Talks To Penny Without Alcohol! - YouTube

Oh this was rather sweet and didn't make me cringe at all.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

February 1, 2022 9:36 pm  #12

I don't generally like comedy cries.

However, I recently rewatched Fight Club. (I first watched it during my dacryphilia 'dry spell' where I was on hormone suppressing birth control so I didn't "notice" crying as much then.)

Anyway the crying in the movie isn't very impressive and doesn't really "hit the spot" so to speak, mainly because it's played for laughs.

BUT I found myself enjoying the dialogue related to it. Bob telling the narrator "you can cry now" then him letting go and leaving tears on Bob's shirt and then talking about how much better he felt after.

February 2, 2022 8:29 pm  #13

Oh I know exactly what you're talking about, and yeah. It's a nice little scene that's a bit funny and a bit touching, even though we don't see him cry.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera