You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2021 3:26 am  #1

Crying in Video Games

I find that video games offer more immersive experiences of crying than films do. Sometimes the quality is almost as good as a movie as well, since there are now games created using direct motion capture from real actors. The best game I know of with emotionally vulnerable, crying characters is Death Stranding. There's a beautiful character named Fragile who has to cry whenever she teleports, and a very emotional arc for the player character (he starts out stoic but goes through a lot of intense situations and tragedies). Today I've been playing Final Fantasy XV, and watching Noctis get overwhelmed by his father's death makes my heart race. Does anyone else know of a game that includes crying?

December 15, 2021 4:03 am  #2

Re: Crying in Video Games

Wow, honestly I stopped playing video games back in 2004, but I remember a few old school video games that had great tears (considering the time), World Heroes had Jeanne d'Arc, when she lost a big, thick tear streak ending in a tear on her cheek was shown. Ryoko as well.

December 15, 2021 3:51 pm  #3

A character who has to cry whenever she teleports. Sounds like my kind of girl

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

December 16, 2021 12:46 am  #4

Sounds funny, but the 1999 game Donkey Kong 64 featured a crying fairy queen as a side character who honestly got me going when I was a teen. She just hovered in the center of the room, crying in an endless loop. It was a rather primitive sound and animation, but triggered me enough to get me aroused, particularly the way you could just make out her breasts and shoulders bouncing as she sobbed.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

December 16, 2021 6:25 pm  #5

I've been having a similar experience, mostly with the Assassins Creed games. It seems like every game, there's at least one point where a male NPC makes crying noises, or is at least near tears. I do not expect actual like, flowing tears in video games other than Death Stranding.

In AC Origins, there's a side quest where a village has been taken over by Super-Evil and the player encounters a grieving father who sobs inconsolably as he describes the horrors he's seen. That's the hardest I've ever heard anyone cry in games.

In AC Odyssey, one of the good endings has the hot brother of the PC turn from evil. He's near tears because he isn't sure he deserves redemption.

In AC Valhalla, a prince briefly sobs upon learning of his father's death. In another side quest, the PC kills pests destroying a local farmer's crops. Farmer's husband appears, crying because he loved the pests and hated his wife. (This is a rare example of 'male crying in a comedic context' that doesn't make me cringe.)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera