You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2022 5:12 pm  #1

Self obs + almost an obs from female friend

So, earlier today, I was with my friend from the other post and was sharing something emotional with her, and I got choked up and my eyes started to water. Initially, I held it in and blinked my tears away, but then, got even more emotional ad my eyes became filled with tears to the brim. Instinctively, I tried to turn away from her, but resisted the urge to wipe my eyes, so as tk give her a chance to wipe my tears. A couple of tears fell down my cheeks, and that sort of opened the floodgates for more tears to follow, and I just let them fall without wiping, and was also sobbing mildly. She wrapped one of her arms around me and rubbed my shoulder, and I rubbed her hand, looking at her with my tear stained face. She gave me a sad, compassionate look, and her eyes got a little misty, but she held back her tears and didn't cry. She once again got me tissues to wipe my tears, though I eventually wiped them with my fingers as they were staring to dry up, making my face feel a little uncomfortable, so no luck yet getting her to wipe my tears. But I'm still very thankful for the comfort and support she provides and the fact that I can be so vulnerable with her. At the end of our conversation, I gave her a nice long hug and teared up in the process, but this time just wiped my eyes directly as I was a bit tired of crying.

June 21, 2022 9:25 pm  #2

Re: Self obs + almost an obs from female friend

Beautiful obs, when she gave you a compassionate look was the cue for you to take her hand and bring it to your cheek, that would have given her the hint you wanted her to wipe your tears herself instead of giving you tissues, plus, more than probably she would have shed tears of empathy for you (especially considering she already had her eyes filling with tears).

I have to admit you were brave to allow your tears to fall unchecked in front of her. I hope she corresponds.

June 21, 2022 11:45 pm  #3

Haha, easier said than done with rubbing her hands across my face. I guess it's complicated because I have feelings that she doesn't reciprocate, and I don't want to seem too pushy and jeopardize our friendship, iykwim.

June 22, 2022 2:01 pm  #4

cube root wrote:

Haha, easier said than done with rubbing her hands across my face. I guess it's complicated because I have feelings that she doesn't reciprocate, and I don't want to seem too pushy and jeopardize our friendship, iykwim.

If you make it casual it shouldn't cause any confusion, Andjyx did it, Truffle did it, their relationship improved
Guess it's worth to try.

There's an old saying, better ask forgiveness than not doing something you might regret not doing later on.

Last edited by Amans lacrimae (June 22, 2022 2:02 pm)

Board footera