You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2023 3:08 am  #1

Aaron Paul: Black Mirror: Beyond the Sea

Aaron Paul is back with some A++ crying.  This guy is truly a master.  Tears and sobbing. 
This is one major scene and two short scenes from the latest "Black Mirror", season 6, episode "Beyond the Sea".
It's kind of spoiler-y, but it's a little hard to understand what's going on without watching the episode (which I recommend). Needless to say, his character has suffered a severe loss in both parts.  
The first, longer scene is truly amazing.  You actually see the tears form in his eyes, and then he just lets go.  
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sgxq32hCN-MAiea4XYtzhXTiLCMFwojs/view?usp=sharing

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 25, 2023 1:21 pm  #2

Re: Aaron Paul: Black Mirror: Beyond the Sea

Yes, I saw that also and wanted to post it. He really knows how to cry, I was even wondering, since the crying is a crucial scene, that the casting of him was because of his ability to cry. however, i was rather disappointed of the lack of crying from Josh Hartnett character, although he should have, considered what he went trough. 

June 25, 2023 1:37 pm  #3

Amazing timing in crying ! I bet he's a crier in real life too!

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

July 12, 2023 8:26 pm  #4

I'm fairly certain if it was not for this man I would have never learned the word dacryphilia or that anyone else was like me. 🙌

July 15, 2023 3:29 am  #5

Ella, are you here because of that one youtube video just called 'Jesse crying' where Walt finds him in the flop house?

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

July 15, 2023 11:43 am  #6

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Ella, are you here because of that one youtube video just called 'Jesse crying' where Walt finds him in the flop house?

That scene, yes, but not from YouTube. I was binge watching the series for the first time in 2015 and that scene came on and rocked my world, so to speak. 😂 I wasn't expecting it and after I had such a strong (also physical) reaction to it I started doing some googling to figure out just wtf was wrong with me and i found this board

July 15, 2023 3:49 pm  #7

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Is it this one? He's simply perfect at it.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_iY0cfNV4

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

July 16, 2023 3:05 pm  #8

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

July 16, 2023 7:25 pm  #9

Yep that's the scene. Nearly perfect. Interestingly he cries equally well earlier in the episode, and I enjoy that too, but this one hits different. For some reason first time I saw it, it was less expected, plus the comforting helps the overall effect

(The ricin cigarette scene is also awesome)

Last edited by Ella (July 16, 2023 7:27 pm)

July 16, 2023 9:12 pm  #10

Ella wrote:

Yep that's the scene. Nearly perfect. Interestingly he cries equally well earlier in the episode, and I enjoy that too, but this one hits different. For some reason first time I saw it, it was less expected, plus the comforting helps the overall effect

(The ricin cigarette scene is also awesome)

I also like unexpected crying scenes. They really 'hit' me like no other . I can see what you're saying about this scene. There's a little build-up just before he bursts into tears and up to that point it is not very clear he is going to crack necessarily. And then when the camera pans to his face again( after he wipes his eyes)  tears already spring from both of his eyes, and his whole face convulses in crying. That makes the crying all the more powerful, even if it doesn't last too long.

Last edited by psychic_girl (July 16, 2023 9:26 pm)

Woody Harrelson

Board footera