You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2012 1:43 am  #21

Re: How much is your fetish sexual?

Great poll - and very, very interesting. I'd been wondering about this myself. I would say my fetish is definitely more emotional than sexual, but it has a sexual element. I always compare my reaction to my other fetish when thinking about this, and while the physical arousal from that is much more intense, watching crying makes me feel things all over, emotionally and physically. My breath catches, I get tingles everywhere, I feel light headed.It's never strong enough to use in masturbation, but it feels better. It's kind of emotional masturbation, if I had to give it a name. It makes me want to comfort, not to engage in sexual activity, but comforting to me is not platonic - it's intimate and gorgeous.

December 12, 2012 6:06 pm  #22

I agree with lemoniep that crying doesn't make want to actually have sex. I just want to comfort and have an extremely intimate moment. I do feel extremely aroused, definitely aroused enough to use thoughts of crying in masturbation. And I sometimes think about crying while having sex later.

December 13, 2012 5:21 pm  #23

carrotcake wrote:

I agree with lemoniep that crying doesn't make want to actually have sex. I just want to comfort and have an extremely intimate moment. I do feel extremely aroused, definitely aroused enough to use thoughts of crying in masturbation. And I sometimes think about crying while having sex later.

Exactly.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

December 21, 2012 2:40 am  #24

I started this thing with crying men  when i was in childhood, there it was and it couldn't be sexual at that time.

I remember perfectly how it started. Me and my grandma were watching ''The Thorn Birds'' with Richard Chamberlain and my grandma was very fond of this actor and talked about his expresiveness each time she saw an episode and afterwall. Somehow i used to find him a bit peculiar too, but at age 7 i could not tell for sure, maybe that was the first time i envisaged a ''man'' cause the actor and his role were an embodiment of male integrity and beauty, both innner and outer ( first in my grandmother's eyes and by her suggestion in mine). I had been influenced by my grandma a lot... At the end of the series there was this episode where Ralph/ Richard found out about Maggie's son being his true son ( i'll post that part in the video section if i find it again).
This was happening after the son's funeral in a cemetery. Maggie, as you shall see was really taking revenge on Ralph for choosing God instead of her and she crushes him with the news about the son's death.

I gasped at that moment, Ralph on the verge of breaking was so, so, so unreal, his emotion so powerfull and his breakdown so tragic that i really stood up from my chair in sheer amazement thinking '' A MAN crying like that..oh the poor of him''' It was so impressive for me at that time that the following days i couldn't stop talking and thinking  about it. I used to say it was ''funny'' or ''changed '' ...but i felt myself changed for the fact that i fell in love for the first time ( at 7 years old) ...and later on i used to fell for men's emotions, for the subtileties they bring in them, for the transformation they suffer in their display. It's a joy, a celebration for me, i feel alive, empowered and incited...I always felt like it without being able to put my finger on it. In my youth i also started to  feel sexual when i see a guy crying but i could not see yet one next to me  (just at a certain distance).. i use to crave for a man, a specific kind of man, one that would be nice and able to express strong emotions and be sincere... This is what displaces my point of reference and makes me obsess about it, there's no such man yet..but there's this fetish that somehow consoles me and empowers me. Do i make any  sense ?
I crave for some transcendental intimacy with ONE, a man i guess,  and this ideea is so embodied inside me that i have this need to quench my emotional thirst by watching men crying or in emotional distress. Every guy is different and each one's emotion and tears satisfy a specific vision that i have... I guess my vision also has to do with mothering the one i love and cure him or better him, empowering his soul.. I cannot get this in real life, cannot acces this level of intimacy with the ONE so i satisfy myself with fantasies..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

December 21, 2012 2:58 am  #25

Looking back at that movie I can also emphasize and understad Maggie better then ever ( at 7 i could not understand the dynamics of their relationship). I feel like Maggie and i appreciate a woman like her who lives life fully and has a presence of spirit in everything she does, she is brave and dedicated, intense and passionate while Ralph is exactly the opposite, so etheral, spiritual, sensitive and concerned only about principles and less about flesh although by loving Maggie he really goes to the core of his being, defies principles and religious convention. Only his sense of duty and rationale conquer his passion.

He is dispassionate and consequently repressed and mortal while Maggie as she ages, even if she does, the passion and the power of her feelings are somehow immortal. There's something trancendant about the way she loves  because as spiritual as ralph is he is not genuine untill he cries, untill he faces his emotions to that core that Maggie is ..She's the core of his wound. In the end we see him  as a man who failed in life but not accepting his more instinctual and emotional side while Maggie manages to trancend pain and rage by love.

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 21, 2012 3:01 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

December 22, 2012 1:13 pm  #26

Today I engaged one of my colleagues in a staring contest to see if she would cry. She didn't unfortunately but the anticipation that she might was very tingly to say the least

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

March 18, 2013 5:41 pm  #27

Just found this board. I have to say that for me it's not at all sexual, and I didn't actually realize there was such a thing as a crying fetish. However, for whatever reason it affects me very strongly emotionally to see a man cry. Women crying don't really do anything for me. I guess that sounds like it's sexual in some way (I'm a straight female), especially because young, attractive men crying affect me more than older or unattractive men, but I've never felt like there is a sexual component to it. A romantic one, maybe. Seeing a cute guy cry pulls at my heartstrings and makes me want to comfort him. Especially if he's a "macho" guy who is struggling not to cry but can't help himself. I always thought this made me weird. I always self-conscious when I'm watching a movie or TV with other people and crying scenes come up, because I feel so deeply affected. I guess that means I'm empathetic... right? ;)

I do have an actual fetish of another kind, though, which you might say is related to the same core idea (a strong man being made vulnerable/loss of control), but I've never thought about crying in a sexual way or become aroused by it. Like some other people have said, it's more about emotional vulnerablity/closeness/comfort than anything else. I am not a hugely sexual person to begin with and I think I have more emotional desires/needs than sexual ones. I guess this kind of thing just presses the right buttons.

Last edited by sparkbark (March 18, 2013 7:18 pm)

March 19, 2013 12:59 am  #28

Hey, welcome to the board, sparkbark!  Great posts!  I am curious what the male vulnerability-related fetish is that you spoke about?  You don't have to say, of course, but several of us on this board have more than one interest, so it's always neat to hear about the different ones.  My other fetish is sneezing fits -- it might sound a bit gross to some people, but I will admit, I love the vulnerability of the sneezer.  I think if I were trapped alone in a room with an allergic guy who was crying on my shoulder and appreciating my taking care of him, I might just explode.  Good thing that NEVER happens, I guess! 

sparkbark wrote:

I do have an actual fetish of another kind, though, which you might say is related to the same core idea (a strong man being made vulnerable/loss of control), but I've never thought about crying in a sexual way or become aroused by it.

March 19, 2013 1:04 am  #29

I'd rather not talk about it as it's private and I also don't feel like crying is really a "fetish" to me so conflating them feels kind of weird. That's interesting that others here have a similar situation, though.

March 21, 2013 12:39 am  #30

I think the way the poll in this thread is answered really depends on what people define as sexual and that's why it was such a hard one to answer.  To my definition, a romantic component automatically means a sexual component, even if it doesn't make me want to have sex, or even before I knew what sex was.  Like when I think back to my attraction to my favorite cartoon characters as a kid, I did seem to feel a special connection towards the male characters, so I'm comfortable, in retrospect, calling that level of interest a "sexual" type of interest.  But it doesn't mean everyone has to define the term "sexual" like I do.

I love what lemoniep said:

lemoniep wrote:

It's kind of emotional masturbation, if I had to give it a name. It makes me want to comfort, not to engage in sexual activity, but comforting to me is not platonic - it's intimate and gorgeous.

The thought of comforting a cute guy is beyond platonic for me too (unless I want to rationalize it away) and I think the term "emotional masturbation" makes a lot of sense for me as well.  

lemoniep wrote:

My breath catches, I get tingles everywhere, I feel light headed. It's never strong enough to use in masturbation, but it feels better.

So true for me -- it DOES feel better than masturbation!  It feels more complete and intense as an overall experience.  Although, I can sometimes combine it with regular masturbation too (when it's really good material).  But I call those other physical manifestions "sexual" too.  Just my definition, because that intense rush of feelings and sensations through my body feels connected to my sexuality as a person.  I don't know what else I could categorize them under.  I think part of sexuality is emotional.

Last edited by woundedpuppy (March 21, 2013 1:16 am)

Board footera