You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2023 2:53 pm  #1

Amazing meltdown from Cillian Murphy - The Party

I finally managed to find a scene in which Cillian Murphy proves he's a maverick at crying. He plays Tom in this film, a drug-addicted banker who finds out he's been cheated on by his wife. At 52:277 he breaks down talking out his anger about what happened. There're a lot of tears and short sobs. The only thing I find unnerving is that the film is black and white. I would have liked to see Murphy's eyes all red and watery.

https://2kmovie.cc/watch-movie/watch-the-party-free-10911.5312755

Re - edit  : Does he cry in Oppenheimer ?

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 9, 2023 3:08 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 9, 2023 5:54 pm  #2

Re: Amazing meltdown from Cillian Murphy - The Party

He  also has a  short sobbing scene in episode 4 from Season 6 of Peaky Blinders in a forest. It's filmed at a distance so the tears aren't very visible. I saw the whole episode and there are other moments in which he is almost crying. At the beginning of the episode, Tom's having a speech at his daughter's funeral and tries hard not to cry. His face is twitching at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMCN2ZepPeY

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 10, 2023 10:21 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 13, 2023 5:06 pm  #3

He has a husky quality to his voice that comes out when he sobs.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

September 17, 2023 9:46 am  #4

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

He has a husky quality to his voice that comes out when he sobs.

Indeed, that makes his crying even sweeter. I found myself surprised to discover this scene. He usually doesn't cry so openly in other scenes.

Woody Harrelson

September 17, 2023 6:09 pm  #5

The huskiness highlights the breakdown of control which is one of the biggest reasons I like crying.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera