You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2023 8:42 pm  #41

Re: Crying Scenes Directory 2.0, -MALE

psychic_girl wrote:

abcd1234 wrote:

Of course there are crying scenes in episode 4 of the new season of THE CROWN, the royal family is dealing with Lady Di's death. Dominic West as Prince Charles has several crying scenes.

Dominic West is a very convincing crier, i was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. I liked the fact that they didn' t hide anything in those scenes. The director made the crying very raw and realistic.

I like how his vision of Diana described him crying as 'raw, broken and beautiful'.
One of my favorite crying tropes is when a guy breaks down and it cuts to people who can't do anything while they have to listen to him sob. (This happens with Jude Law in The Young Pope when his mentor dies.)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

November 28, 2023 9:02 pm  #42

David Tennant loses his composure and is thisclose to full tears in the latest Doctor Who special The Star Beast.

November 30, 2023 11:44 am  #43

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

David Tennant loses his composure and is thisclose to full tears in the latest Doctor Who special The Star Beast.

I looked for it but I couldn't find it. Can you tell me in what part  it is ?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 30, 2023 12:14 pm  #44

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

psychic_girl wrote:

abcd1234 wrote:

Of course there are crying scenes in episode 4 of the new season of THE CROWN, the royal family is dealing with Lady Di's death. Dominic West as Prince Charles has several crying scenes.

Dominic West is a very convincing crier, i was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. I liked the fact that they didn' t hide anything in those scenes. The director made the crying very raw and realistic.

I like how his vision of Diana described him crying as 'raw, broken and beautiful'.
One of my favorite crying tropes is when a guy breaks down and it cuts to people who can't do anything while they have to listen to him sob. (This happens with Jude Law in The Young Pope when his mentor dies.)

I love this one too. It makes the crying even more poignant in that context. Just after I read your post I found a similar scene in The Smoke mini-series when Taron Egerton's character confesses his wrongdoing in the fire department and all the other characters stay silent at one point, witnessing the heaviness of his guilt. It makes me  wonder why so many directors refrain from going all the way with this type of crying

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 3, 2023 10:50 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 30, 2023 9:28 pm  #45

Spoilers:
Taron Egerton and Ray Liotta have loads of teary/ crying scenes in Black Bird.  Taron Egerton is shown sobbing at the end of episode 5 in a prison cell. He seems to try to stifle his sobs with his hands over his mouth and he makes very audible crying sounds. The last 10 minutes of the next episode have almost 5 actors shedding tears in a row (have they maybe read the content of this site?). Taron's character is found innocent and he cries out of relief trying to regain his composure. I like the way he loses control even if just for a few seconds only.

Woody Harrelson

December 3, 2023 8:43 pm  #46

I remember Taron getting close to tears in Kingman movies once or twice. Good to know he actually breaks down sometimes.

December 10, 2023 5:46 pm  #47

Jon Bernthal cries in Punisher 1x13. He's tied to a chair talking to his captor, and when some awful information is confirmed, silent tears stream from both his eyes.

December 10, 2023 10:03 pm  #48

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Jon Bernthal cries in Punisher 1x13. He's tied to a chair talking to his captor, and when some awful information is confirmed, silent tears stream from both his eyes.

He's so handsome in that one but it only lasts a little. In the next takes he has them wiped off his face.

Woody Harrelson

December 11, 2023 8:12 pm  #49

Oh friend, I'm SURE it's been posted here, but have you seen American Gigolo? I want to say its in the first episode- very first scene Bernthal is crying (very intensely) and its a relatively longish scene if I remember correct

What am I if not a woman who likes hot men who cry a lot

December 13, 2023 4:56 am  #50

Yes I think I have his scene in American Gigolo in my male crying superthread. He's quite good!

Board footera