You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 2, 2023 12:57 pm  #1

Ceremonial crying training course lol

So my own Vidaai is coming up soon and I came across this. Are you an Indian woman who can’t muster any real emotions during your Vidaai, because you’ve been living on your own for years anyway? Is your family going to be offended if you don’t cry? Take this course and learn how to fake it in 7 days!

https://www.allaboutwomen.in/life/weddings/crash-course-cry-vidaai/

October 4, 2023 12:25 am  #2

Re: Ceremonial crying training course lol

That's pretty funny.

Do women get judged if they don't cry during vidaai? Probably. They may get accused of becoming too modern.

Though in my experience real vidaais are becoming less of a thing. The practice I see nowadays is that the couple gets married in a small ceremony, and then a large ceremonial wedding party months or even a year later. There will be a vidai at the end, but the bride has already moved in with the husband so it's not an occasion for tears.

And if you're already living away from family, vadais won't be a sad occasion.

Maybe you should go for it. 🤔

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 4, 2023 12:56 pm  #3

I agree it’s totally outdated, in a world where women are getting married later in life and have lived on their own for school/work, or are already living with their fiancé (like I am). Besides, the original reason for the crying is actually very unpleasant (fear, uncertainty about an arranged marriage, apprehension about leaving home) so I wouldn’t wish that on anyone in the 21st century.

But for tradition’s sake, I’m sure I can manage a tear or two to satisfy the gossipy uncles and aunties who will be there watching and judging ugh.

October 4, 2023 1:25 pm  #4

truffle wrote:

I agree it’s totally outdated, in a world where women are getting married later in life and have lived on their own for school/work, or are already living with their fiancé (like I am). Besides, the original reason for the crying is actually very unpleasant (fear, uncertainty about an arranged marriage, apprehension about leaving home) so I wouldn’t wish that on anyone in the 21st century.

But for tradition’s sake, I’m sure I can manage a tear or two to satisfy the gossipy uncles and aunties who will be there watching and judging ugh.

And I'm sure you'll look stunningly beautiful with a few tears rolling down your cheeks. If they're emotional tears it will be a big plus.

Board footera