You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2011 1:58 pm  #11

Re: What is your biggest crying TURN OFF?

punkchick wrote:

I've also never been a fan of nose blowing in tv shows and stuff, although it did hit me as a bit of a turn on once, and that was because my boyfriend was crying over the phone and to hear him blow his nose was a sort of illustration of the extent of the crying for me, since I couldn't see it.

That's a great way to put it... to me as well, the nose-blowing serves as an illustration of the extent of the crying, so because of that, I don't mind it, and who knows, maybe I'd even find it kinda hot in real life.  I mean, I'm too shy to watch it closely, and I don't really want much time spent on it because it's not really my thing, but who knows.  I just want that helplessness conveyed however possible, and nose-blowing is definitely one of those ways, so in theory, I guess I welcome it in moderation... especially if I can pass the tissues (I love the feeling of being needed).  And as long as it doesn't interfere with the sniffling too much, which I think is so cute.  Still not a fan of *seeing* snot, though.  If it's taken care of as soon as it falls, OK... we're all human, after all... but if it just lingers there... eww.  I just feel like it's good manners to wipe the snot off your face. 

Hmm.  Maybe that's why some people wipe their tears the second they leave the eyes -- they think it is good manners.  Never thought of that.  I much prefer to see them roll down the face... so beautiful...

Last edited by woundedpuppy (August 17, 2011 2:08 pm)

August 17, 2011 11:07 pm  #12

woundedpuppy wrote:

Hmm.  Maybe that's why some people wipe their tears the second they leave the eyes -- they think it is good manners.  Never thought of that.  I much prefer to see them roll down the face... so beautiful...

You're probably right about that, plus I guess the feeling of having tears rolling down the face rather than just in the eyes makes them feel weaker and less dignified.

I wish more people were confident to just let them flow because it annoys me so much when they wipe them away. For me the first few seconds where tears start flowing down the face is the key moment I look out for.

September 5, 2011 9:49 pm  #13

I don't like wiping away tears either.

Another pet hate is tears that won't fall. I'm waiting for a tear and it just doesn't come despite the eyes of the person concerned being absolutely filled to the brim

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

September 8, 2011 11:10 pm  #14

see, I love when girls wipe away tears, but that's just me.  I can't even name a particular crying turn-off, unless it's a guy crying, in which case I get thoroughly disappointed, and shout "why couldn't you be a girl?!" in my head.

September 8, 2011 11:37 pm  #15

Dacrypticphile wrote:

unless it's a guy crying, in which case I get thoroughly disappointed, and shout "why couldn't you be a girl?!" in my head.

I feel that too, if the guy is doing a good BLT.

Good to see you again, dacrypticphile

Last edited by TorNorth (September 8, 2011 11:38 pm)

Ugly crying is pretty crying

September 8, 2011 11:44 pm  #16

Likewise, TorNorth.  I missed you and the links you posted.  Do you still have the videos of that South American singer or whoever?

September 9, 2011 12:10 am  #17

Dacrypticphile wrote:

Likewise, TorNorth.  I missed you and the links you posted.  Do you still have the videos of that South American singer or whoever?

Hmm, I have a quite a few videos of South American singers scattered about my favs. I don't know which one you're referring to.

September 9, 2011 12:29 am  #18

She is a blonde singer accepting some sort of televised marriage proposal or something.  I can't remember the name, because the title of the video is in Spanish or Portuguese or something.

September 9, 2011 12:54 am  #19

I assume you're talking about Xuxa. I'll post the video when I find it.

November 19, 2011 9:05 pm  #20

I love nose blowing, but I'd much prefer not to SEE snot.  A tiny trickle of it might be okay, under the right circumstances, but anything more that than is a definite turn-off for me.

I also don't like the crying that is largely expressionless very much, especially if it's just a tear or two.  I wouldn't say it's a turn-off, but it's not usually a turn-on, either.

Board footera