You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2013 3:33 am  #11

Re: Jimmy Kimmel

A third one!  Apparently he also got emotional about John Ritter's death.  I am liking him more and more.  He is so open emotionally.  Apparently Howard Stern made fun of his crying.   Haven't found a clip of the monologue yet.

*edit* See posts on the previous page.

Last edited by woundedpuppy (January 16, 2013 3:40 am)

January 16, 2013 6:17 am  #12

Oddly enough, for some reason real life crying is less of a thing for me than "acting" crying - by which I mean movies and/or tv scenes.  I guess the real thing is just too close to being real, whereas acting I know isn't involving any super-strong emotion at the time.  I enjoy watching men cry, but I don't enjoy seeing them in real pain.  I hope this makes sense.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 17, 2013 12:02 am  #13

I'm sure you're not alone, Caircair, and you are lucky because that means you don't need a live guy to satisfy your fetish!  I love both acting-crying and non-acting crying -- each type has its charm!!  But I admit, I prefer "live, in the flesh" crying to "pre-taped two dimensional" crying, if I can get it up close!  Like being within arm's reach of a live crying actor would be a dream come TRUE for me -- in fact, I wrote a fic about that once (in the fic section).  Ideally, I do like interactivity.  I want to be a part of the experience somehow, whether the tears are joyful, sad, or something else, and hugging and being able to comfort.  The people on the screen can't even see me, so although I still love watching the movies, I guess I feel a bit left out.  If that makes sense.

OK, so last night I read that Jimmy Kimmel ALSO cried on the last episode of The Man Show (something that I would think would be fine to post here if anyone finds it!)  Well, when I read THAT, it was just too much for me to bear... he finally tipped me over the edge and turned me on.   Because it wasn't just a one time thing.  He's obviously a "crier".  A sensitive man who gets emotional easily.  THAT'S what did it for me.  Awww...

*edit* Here's a link to my actor-based crying fic, "Fantasy Maker".  Actually, it is an incomplete fic.  Maybe I should finish it sometime.  I can't believe the thread has over 600 views... WOW!!

http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=117

Last edited by woundedpuppy (January 17, 2013 12:12 am)

January 18, 2013 12:16 am  #14

Caircair, I'm curious if you prefer TV/movie crying to theater crying too?  Both involve acting, that's all, so just curious.  Like, for the theater crying, let's make it that you are in the audience, in a really close seat, and it is clearly real tears being produced (not dramatically fake boo-hooing!)  Do you think you'd prefer the theater version of the scene or the movie version of the scene?  And for your choice, why? (this question can be answered by anyone as well)  

For me, I guess the screen has the advantage of close-up camera angles and all sorts of great enhancing effects and the theater has the advantage of seeing it happen live in the flesh and a thrilling, palpable audience reaction to the crying, even if they're not making a sound (actually, during a crying scene, they'd probably get the most quiet... hear a pin drop type of vibe in the room...)  So I don't know which I'd prefer, but because I've had so precious little experience with theater crying (like, real actual crying actors, that I can see close enough), I'd like to make seeing that a priority this year and see what I think of it!  And I can report my findings, of course.  

By the way, The Man Show cry isn't a big deal.  I saw the episode.  It's like maybe a two-second loss of composure because of it being his last show.  The cuter thing is that he admits he's trying to control his emotions.  I love when guys talk like that (the admission of the fight!)  I can't post it because I couldn't find a link to it online.  Had to buy the episode.

January 18, 2013 2:34 am  #15

I'd prefer the screen, same reason you mentioned, since I can get "up close and personal".  On stage I would be more skeptical of the "reality" involved, and would probably be trying to figure out just how they managed to cry on cue, rather than being caught up in the moment.  Of course, I get this way as well watching on a screen - if it isn't realistic enough I start criticizing the acting.  E.g., there was an episode of "The Mentalist" this year where Owan Yeoman as Wayne Rigsby was crying - if you want to call it that.  Sure, his face was wet, but there was no expression, no actual flowing tears, nothing to indicate any sort of emotion going on.  I was very disappointed - but not surprised.  I don't think that actor can do anything much beyond surface acting.  However, I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Kang give a crying scene a go - I suspect he'd be much better at it.

Anonymous

January 21, 2013 12:00 am  #16

hey Wounded puppy ..as far as i can read here in your post  i feel you need a ''a fix '' right? i had a bout of ''need to see''  two weeks ago but i managed to get over it watching some random clips from some movies. i understand you, but you don't have to hide to such an extent. My female friends know about my kink but not many of them know the deph of it. when we  watch movies together they always look at me to see my excitment and my involvment when it's a crying scene in that movie and say ''..hey hey ..here's this guy cryin as hell'' how do you feel? and we all laugh. I think they find me quirky, not obsessive but i was reasonable about it.

I also told a guy that i liked about it and at times he would send me photos of him on messenger looking as if he cried or had tears in the eyes, denying that he did or taunting me. I guess he knew i would be ''on fire''. he was such a narcisistic prick ! Those photos were somewhat blurry or shadowy and i couldn't notice if he was crying but he said to me that he cries on cue sometimes without being emotionally involved. Do you think this is even possible?  

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 22, 2013 12:42 am  #17

@Psychic_girl  Actually, I don't really need a fix as far as new video material goes (though I always enjoy seeing what others have found).  I think my female friends would be much more understanding of my fetish than the males, but I don't have any interest in telling my female friends.  Luckily, I have enough female "cyber friends" here if I ever feel like talking about crying with someone. 

The only "fix" I need is an intimate, real-life male crying experience with someone I know (meaning we're talking with each other while it's happening or I'm in close enough proximity that I could technically reach out and touch him).  The last one of THOSE happened 6 years ago -- and there wasn't even a hug (but it was a good conversation).  

I don't think there's an answer.  I don't think telling male friends about the fetish is the answer.  I did tell one a few years ago but it's not like anything good came out of telling him, and certainly no "fixes."  I think the fact I'm married probably makes a difference compared to if I were a single person telling single guys.  Hopefully he's forgotten ALL about me telling him by now!!! 

It's OK, I'm used to it.  If it gets unbearable, I write a short fic, and that's the closest I can get to a release.  When I write the fic, it almost feels like it really happened to me.  Closing my eyes and imagining it doesn't work nearly as well for me as writing it out in great detail.  Nor does video watching.  

In answer to your question... yeah, I think it's possible a guy could cry on cue without being emotionally involved.  I've heard of a technique where you just try really really hard to imagine the bodily sensations that you would feel IF you were crying, and then once you start feeling that, it's like your body starts to take over and actually starts making those same sensations itself, so the person starts crying real tears but it's not like they produced them from thinking about something they are emotionally involved with.

Last edited by woundedpuppy (January 22, 2013 12:47 am)

January 22, 2013 2:30 am  #18

@ Woundedpuppy.. I wish for a real experience too but that is so hard to get. I'm very lonely and  I wonder wether my fetish is not a consequence of a lack of intimacy with another person,  a significant other. i Imagine the fact that once you have one, and you get that level of emotional intimacy with him , it feels beyond reality, transcendental.. if you know what i mean. 

That technique of crying seems really cool. I think i heard about it once and i tried to aply it and after some effort it works, you can force to cry without anything sad on your mind but it feel artificial. I don't like actors to abuse it but if i had a boyfriend who could do that i would have found him quirky and appealing for looking after it. He might make me think he has a fetish of his own , watching himself in the mirror to produce tears..

@To Caircair  : I think the same as you concerning filmed scenes, there's something artistic and slow motioned about them where you can see a person's face and expression better then in real life when on many occasions you're involved in close interaction with a crier. In real life i used to see, well ''see'' from afar guys shedding tears and at times it felt different then on tv. But on both occasion i get a profound ''gut'' reaction when a man, the kind you wouldn't imagine crying, gets all of the sudden in a crying situation. 

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 22, 2013 11:53 pm  #19

psychic_girl wrote:

In real life i used to see, well ''see'' from afar guys shedding tears and at times it felt different then on tv. But on both occasion i get a profound ''gut'' reaction when a man, the kind you wouldn't imagine crying, gets all of the sudden in a crying situation. 

Ahhh, some people call that gut sensation the "stomach flip"  For me, it's like my stomach drops (a dropping sensation like riding a roller coaster) and is a HUGE turn-on at the same time.  I haven't felt it in a long time, though.  I wish I could figure out the formula for when it happens.  I think I really need to feel their emotions (or feel my own emotions) to get that sensation -- often, I'm just watching crying in a detached mode and can't 'feel' enough to get turned on, even if objectively I think it's a very good crying scene.

January 23, 2013 2:12 am  #20

I understand exactly what you mean.  For me, it's an almost instinctive feeling of wanting to put my arms around the crier.  I often find myself leaning forward, especially if it's a good emotional crying scene.

Anonymous

Board footera