You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2013 10:37 pm  #1

Lance Armstrong talking about his son

I finally got around to watching Lance Armstrong's interview with Oprah Winfrey.  He tears up a few times when talking about his son.  I find his body language interesting -- such obvious cues that he's fighting off tears, like looking way up at the ceiling whenever it first hits him, then immediately stopping speaking, then looking down, sighing, etc.  And while he's talking, he's either consciously or subconsciously hiding his mouth area (like circling his fingers around it, for example).  I don't really remember him doing that mouth thing during the rest of the interview.  These are things a lot of people probably do when they're trying to fight off tears.  

It's worth watching the whole clip to get the context (but for the quick version, see 1:11, 1:52, and 3:44).

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/19/lance-armstrong-oprah-doping-telling-son/

January 24, 2013 10:47 pm  #2

Re: Lance Armstrong talking about his son

I guess he's hiddind the mouth area as a sign of shame in both expressing his emotions and ideas. He doesn't really accept readily what's on his subconsius and he's repressing, otherwise he would have let more tears on and less gesturing..
Nice find woundedpuppy.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera