You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2013 3:56 pm  #1

two good crying scenes, one simon baker has a breakdown

FROM THE TV-SERIE ROME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9ZpNQTXXg

FROM THE MOVIE THE BOOK OF LOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg9c2TQr01o

simon baker starts to cry around 4 minutes into the video

January 30, 2013 9:45 pm  #2

Re: two good crying scenes, one simon baker has a breakdown

WOW! That Simon Baker clip is a great find!  Now I have to see the movie to put the scene in context.

Here are a couple more from Rome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoZPY3vnacc&list=PLVDM6pEmWEuXFrRTEMNlXFzOgwlewudy1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozWDVd38MKE

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 31, 2013 12:27 am  #3

=13pxThanks for that clip of Simon Baker.  Wow.  That was pretty great.

I'm sure you have seen this, but just in case you haven't: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhC0uWXPbw4&list=PL25F457F07F498F0F&index=102

also some other good simon baker ones from a show called The Guardian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neg5L6Sn8aw&list=PL25F457F07F498F0F

The crying scene starts later in the clip, but I think watching the whole thing gives you some "makes it that much cuter" back story.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPTHlunZ3M&list=PL25F457F07F498F0F

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

January 31, 2013 3:22 am  #4

Interesting, although the Simon Baker clips are cool (and I don't want to dampen the enthusiasm, by any means!), I also find myself a bit disappointed in his style of crying, as I'm not sure he's really totally crying.  The sobs seem exaggerated to me and the facial contortions could certainly be exaggerated too, though I'm sure he's feeling an emotion appropriate to each scene he's in (as evidenced by the smaller uncontrolled facial movements), and the man is certainly mesmerizing.  I think the scenes are good scenes with interesting contexts, too.  I just hope that one of these days we get to see some unmistakeably real tears pooling in his eyes and streaming down his face... with all these scenes teasing me, I think I would faint!   Hehe

January 31, 2013 4:03 am  #5

All I can say is, watching the Simon Baker clips, whether he's "acting" or not I'm still getting the yearning to comfort that I get when someone is in genuine (or very well feigned) distress. 

The latest clip seemed very realistic to me, especially the sense of shame I sensed he was feeling about breaking down.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 13, 2013 5:08 am  #6

So I've recently started watching the Mentalist, and I find Simon Baker so interesting.  Despite the scene in the first season, we never really see him cry again in ernest (unless there are times I don't know about past the early 3rd season in which case don't tell me, I'll get there) 

However, he does such an incredible job with his facial expressions you can often just see the emotions boiling behind the surface. I find that incredibly hot.

Plus, we also get to see a few moments where he may cry a little, one where he is in the graveyard with his brother-in-law Danny, one where the belladona wears off and his daughter leaves, and one after he's told about Rigsby's son's birth.  Often times his mouth betrays him.  I love watching for it.

Honestly, I almost hope that he doesn't really cry until he catches Red John or something incredibly tragic happens.  I like the restraint in the emotion he allows his character to have and strong displays would be out of character.  It would also be that much more epic. He's a pretty great actor, can't wait to finish watching the rest of the series.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

June 16, 2013 9:55 pm  #7

There's a clip of him getting choked up in a speech accepting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I think... forget if that's already somewhere on the forum or something I stumbled across.

June 17, 2013 12:46 am  #8

i saw it on youtube woundedpuppy, but it's not mouch to be seen..It's filmed too far way from his face. His voice sounds pretty interesting though..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 17, 2013 2:34 am  #9

Yeah, I only mentioned it in case it appealed to somebody else who didn't know about it.  The context wasn't nearly as interesting to me as a good Patrick Jane meltdown would be! 

June 17, 2013 11:59 am  #10

I know what you are saying, i used to lookk forward for  that on Criminal Intent with Robert Goren but it never happened. Actually  something did  happen but not what i wanted to see and meanwhile i found out television shows are like that...they tease the audience with character developpment and twists for some dramatic effect but they don't change the protagonist basic style, or emotions.

Some do but it's very rarely..I do recollect though that in Criminal Minds we get to see that..that tragic and unexpected break down of the male protagonist. It's a calculated risk and usually it takes place when the show is low on ratings and needs closure rapidly.

Other creators, most of them  are far too optimistic with the succes of the basic formula - the one tough, highly-intelligent, sexually appealing and extraodinarily tormented male lead  who's going to suffer.. in the process because he has some flaws that are both his assets and his downsides...He does at one point but .he doesn't have to cry that much, not too visceraly since ''the fans'' of the show might not watch afterwards, may reject the ''new man'' that's our protagonist after he let the guard down..

I hate it and i saw a pattern on mostly all the  good shows which had good reasons to go further with the charcter at one point and throw '' that damn weep'' which is even expected..for a very long time, because it has been hinted at through many episodes and seasons..

They shift back and forth with the old - self character and the so proclaimed reformed character untill the story becomes redundant and they rush the final episode of the final season...with not much crying in between..

I don't know if i make any sense right now because i'm tired but i guess this is why i gave up on detective stories with potential raw crying...it just stays at the potential level and it's frustrating..

Last edited by psychic_girl (June 17, 2013 12:11 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera