You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2013 10:16 pm  #11

Re: Anticipating crying scenes on TV or in movies

psychic_girl wrote:

Another majour anticipation i had in highschool in a south american soap opera where i was anticipating the protagonist to cry at one time, and what followed was more then i expected. He cried for 3 episodes in a row, it was a sob fest i could have never imagined since there was almost no cry scene before.

You wouldn't happen to remember what it was, right? I'm guessing high school was a while ago...

And woundedpuppy, what's this vlog with 40 straight minutes of crying? Did you post it at some point, or am i just going crazy?

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

February 17, 2013 11:10 pm  #12

@Meantangerine, I didn't post it.  It was probably posted by TorNorth as I think it was just a link in a series of random YouTube links.  It must be in the video section.  It was a guy talking in a language other than English, yet I have a feeling he had English captions running underneath as I remember it being about his mother.  The video was in 2 parts.  I'll try to find it.  Not sure exactly how long it was, maybe it was 20 mins instead of 40, but whatever it was, it was still (to date) the longest continuous crying clip I've ever seen -- nothing has come close to it in length! 

February 17, 2013 11:48 pm  #13

Darn, it must have been on the old forum or else got deleted, because I just searched my old posts and no luck.  I remember specifically commenting on the length of it (though I can't remember what the actual length was, but I know it was two video clips long, which says something!)  The guy was talking about missing his mother and family, I believe.  Maybe I've got the length wrong, but I still think it must have been somewhere in the double digits.  Even just 10 minutes of continuous crying would still be impressive and still be the longest clip I'd ever seen.  Oh well, it's gone now! 

February 17, 2013 11:54 pm  #14

Yeah, there's no way it could have been 40 minutes... that's too long!  Still wish I could find the clip, though!  Now I'm thinking it could have been 14 minutes of crying... 14 instead of 40, perhaps.   Still pretty cool, though! 

February 18, 2013 12:48 am  #15

Meantangerine'

Yeah i remember the long scene as well but i guess that guy figured out we were playin' our fetish out here so he made it private or deleted it. I guess it was on the  crying videos section.

As far as the soap opera goes, i remember it clearly, it stayed in my mind forever. The soap opera is called '' Yo soy Betty, la fea'' ( Ugly betty) and it was one of the greatest series ever made, it was also adapted a few years ago in North America, i guess, but here i was talking about the original one.

The scene i was talking about is on youtube ( all the episodes actually) If you write this on youtube 

YSBLF 161 [3-4].avi

you'll find the build -up on that scene which depicts the main character reading  Betty's diary after he stole it from her purse and reading painfull stuff while isolated in his office and remembering he injured her. Other characters, Betty, as well interact meanwhile not knowing that Armando is on the verge of  a terrible breakdown. At one point he freaks out so badly and devastates his office  and a collegue of his inquires after him.

You should be patient while your watching even if the other parts are intermingled with those with the crying so that you notice the build up.. It's so well depicted.

This is the scene where the crying starts : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDzfRIvYv9s

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 18, 2013 1:11 am  #16

This is again a major scene from the 165rd epi.

YSBLF 165 [2-4].avi

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 18, 2013 11:09 pm  #17

Thanks for the links, psychic_girl!

And woundedpuppy, that's a bummer that it's gone. I think I vaguely remember it, actually...
There's one video that I used to love, it was a scene from filipino big brother, I think, and the video was called "Jolas crying." One of the contestants got a video message from his father and completely fell apart over it, it must have been at least 10 minutes. Okay, now I have to go look for that again...

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

February 19, 2013 12:14 pm  #18

Haha, I'm so pleased and relieved that I'm in good company with the Googling 'so and so crying' thing... I feel so weird doing it. I've built up a bank of synonyms too - 'sobbing', 'in tears', 'wept', 'emotional', 'upset'. I always do this on Incognito mode so these weird searches don't come up in my internet history. I also do the same with characters when looking for fanfic - 'sherlock fanfic crying' etc... and I totally do the same thing of re-searching in the hope that new things will come up so I can get my hit. It's like some kind of unhealthy addiction, really, I should wean myself off.

The anticipation thing likewise kills me. I hate watching a whole programme in the expectation of crying and then there being nothing. It's silly, I wish I could enjoy things more without the hope of crying, but it ruins perfectly good shows for me when I'm looking for crying and there isn't any.

February 19, 2013 10:31 pm  #19

Btw that Castle was exactly why I try not to anticipate.   Totally disappointing.

Last edited by yellowrose (February 19, 2013 10:32 pm)

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

February 23, 2013 3:03 pm  #20

Another point to add is the amount of tears shed and whether it matches up with the amount in the eyes. If say for instance one pathetic tear falls out of lake filled eyes that can really make me cross

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

Board footera