You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2013 4:36 am  #11

Re: Movies to watch?

End of Watch, both Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena cry towards the end.  Not the best scenes but worth watching none-the-less.  Hope you enjoy!

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

April 13, 2013 2:30 pm  #12

I'll download the movie then , i'm glad they cry.. . I remembered Jude Law crying in The Wisdom of Crocodiles although the scene is very weird, all his character is weird and devious in this. He was very young in this movie and he also appears a bit naked up front, if you know what i mean ..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 14, 2013 11:26 pm  #13

I saw End of Watch, mostly those scenes but they were pretty modest in term of actual tears. The women were much better at crying .

Yellowrose, i posted a clip with McDonough in Tin Man in the Crying Videos directory, he's soo good and beautiful when he tears up in the grave scene, too bad it's too short. I saw him emotional  even in the last episodes of Tin Man but i didn't post them there. Tin Man is  downloaded whole on youtube

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 15, 2013 12:20 am  #14

Ya I totally agree, I thought he was beautiful in Tin Man too!

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

May 6, 2013 4:15 pm  #15

Just fyi nothing great from Joseph Gorden-Levitt in Looper.  There was one scene where he's sad and someone puts eye drops in his eyes.  Then he wipes one tear, unclear whether this is emotional or due to the eye drops.
Bruce Willis has an interesting scene, not sure if he is crying or just showing significant emotion reacting to a memory.
Fun movie tho!

May 6, 2013 8:20 pm  #16

Bruce Willis is a very good crier, outstanding in Colour of the Night where he reacts to memories and his eyes are filled with tears each time. I fully recommend this movie ( even it's a bit difficult to find, i saw it on a romanian site) because almost all male actors cry in it at one point and Willis cries 4 times. Does he ( Willis) shed actual tears in Looper?

Woody Harrelson

May 8, 2013 6:28 pm  #17

I just bumped upon this thread..
Thank you psychic_girl for the recs & yellowrose for bringing this up; I also wanted to ask for movie recs with male crying scenes  

I love Robert Downey Jr. in The Singing Detective! One of the best sob scenes I've ever seen <3

Some more movies I happened to remember: 

Jake Gyllenhaal cried in Brothers, but not much of it was captured -- this is the full story behind the scenes: http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrity/springsteen-s-the-river-made-jake-gyllenhaal-cry-on-set_48027.htm 

Ewan McGregor cried in The Impossible during the phone call.. it's a tough movie to watch, but Naomi & Ewan (and also the 3 kids) are really good! 

Hugh Jackman cried a lot in Les Miserables! (while singing!)
His eyes were really red and puffy at some point. 

I think Bruce Willis didn't cry in Looper, but I kinda forgot... That movie doesn't leave an impression to me as far as crying is concerned.    

Last edited by sakura (May 8, 2013 6:30 pm)

May 9, 2013 8:02 am  #18

hi there, if you are interested in vincent cassel crying, there is this very very disturbing french film IRREVERSIBLE
his wife in real life, monica bellucci gets raped and he is sobbing hysterically when he sees her.
you don't see him very clear though, but you hear his voice...

please notify the film ist extremly brutal, violent and disturbing...

http://www.movie2k.to/Irreversible-watch-movie-395399.html

it is about 39 minutes on...

Last edited by abcd1234 (May 9, 2013 8:11 am)

May 9, 2013 9:52 am  #19

Vincent Cassel also cries or actually tears up in The Apartment but is kind of brief.. I wish he cried in Trance but he's not much of a crier as far as know )

Sakura, does Russel Crowe cry too in Les Miserables ? I'm dieing to see more of him , a few years ago there was a deleted scene from Cinderella Man where he talks to Paul Giamatti after he loses a match and he starts sobbing. That was a great scene but i can't find it anywhere now..
He also tears up in  Mystery, Alaska...the scene is here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2CfSxrhJr0 ( starts at 9'50)

Another film that contains tearing up scenes is  Breaking up and  The Sum of Us.

Woody Harrelson

May 9, 2013 9:43 pm  #20

psychic_girl, No, Russell Crowe didn't cry in Les Miserables at all... That's probably because his character is the cold-hearted law enforcement officer Javert... so there's no room for him to cry.

Thank you for the youtube link!

Oooh, I shall search for that deleted scene from Cinderella Man now! :D

Vincent Cassel  didn't cry in Trance... it would've been out of character if he did..

Board footera