You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2013 6:22 pm  #1

Bromance

I didn't know if it was just me, but I love the comfort pairing of boys, not in a sexual way in the least.

I love the idea of mentor/mentee like the epic comforting scene in ER between Dr. Carter and Dr. Benton at the end of the season 6 finale "May Day"

Or the comfort sometimes with tears sometimes without shown between two close guy friends...see Miles/Bass in Revolution, Greg Parker/Ed Lane in Flashpoint.

Or in the true sense of brothers like Dean/Sam in Supernatural.  

I love the pure compassion and love in these relationships that is unaduterated by secondary motives.  Sometimes when times are rough, you just need your brother/best friend.

I know I'm blanking on some great Bromances at the moment.  What are some of your favorites?  Do you guys love this as much as I do?

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

May 16, 2013 9:33 pm  #2

Re: Bromance

Oh yeah, very much...bromance is at its best because there are two guys shedding tears instead of one.. I found this Hindi movie in HD, at the end of it there are almost 15 minutes scene with the main actors crying, i assume they are brothers also and they are very beautifull. Indian actors are very emotional and i love this scene because is very clear and we can see the tears springing all the time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emjWNrD6rQ0  ( see from 2'46'20)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

May 18, 2013 3:12 am  #3

To be honest, I'm not really that into the Bromance thing, but I watch anything with male crying in it anyway.    

Just chiming in since I always enjoy new discussions and I'm not sure if we've had that particular one on the forum before.

May 18, 2013 10:00 am  #4

I entered National Novel Writing month last year and my main character was a bisexual teenage girl so as a result I've wanted to see more same sex romances. She cries a lot too incidentally

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

May 18, 2013 12:33 pm  #5

I also love bromance to the point where I much prefer it to a male/female comforting dynamic and to where I'll like a clip way more just because it's bromance. I'm not sure what it is about it. Maybe the fact that two boys are being vulnerable together? 

Haha Outsiders used to be my favorite movie, and I'm pretty sure that's why.

May 24, 2013 7:53 pm  #6

.there was a great bromance scene in the Pacific.two soldiers in a doctor at night.one of them saying to the other he knows he's gonna get hit of they go back into battle the next day and he hopes it's quick.suddenly there's a round of fire, he bolts upright with his weapon.when it does down he drops his gun and breaks down sobbing.the other marine "sledgehammer"puts down his weapon and  pulls his buddy s head into his lap. And I just melt.  There's also a great scene at the end when sledge is back home and goes hunting with his father. He has a flashback, drops his gun and falls to his knees and cries in his father's arms. 

Tears are the last gift of true love.

May 25, 2013 7:19 am  #7

Of Course! House and Wilson!
In the episode where House's Dad dies, The very last shot is House starting to tear up in front of Wilson, it's a very touching scene.

There's also a really good crying scene in the Truman Show when Jim Carrey cries in front of his staged. best friend.

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

May 25, 2013 12:56 pm  #8

Where can i find that episode from House?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 6, 2013 11:12 pm  #9

Come on , please tell me about that episode..( i long to find it ..

Woody Harrelson

June 10, 2013 8:59 pm  #10

I like the bromance thing too.a lot.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

Board footera