You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2013 5:23 am  #1

omg this place exists!

Hi I'm new.I felt like some kindnd of prev for so long like I was deriving pleasure from other people's pain, but then I realized what turned me on was not their suffering buy t the fact that I was witness to their humanity. The feeling of seeing inside a secret chamber, the power and the mystery of it. I think also because I find crying so hard.my sistrr in law died six months ago.haven't cried yet. My grandmother who I lived with for 22 years died last year. Never cried. Never even felt the urge.it's not like I was holding back. So seeing that kind of opening of the soul in others is so stirring to me.like hearing a beautiful song you long to doing but knowing your tone deaf.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

May 24, 2013 6:16 am  #2

Re: omg this place exists!

Welcome inmyarms!  I remember how relieved I was when I realized I wasn't alone in this quirk.  It's been great to hear from others since I first joined - and I've learned a lot as well.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 25, 2013 3:25 am  #3

Welcome welcome! You described the attraction beautifully, and I totally agree with you.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

May 25, 2013 7:07 am  #4

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you,

I too was relieved to find that I was not alone.
your description is perfect, like you are seeing into someone's most personal hidden emotions and they trust you enough to let you inside. I've always thought I was attracted to the trust aspect of someone else letting me see them cry, I only find crying attractive when the person does not normally cry in pulic.

Tell us about yourself and what you like about crying!

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

May 25, 2013 7:49 pm  #5

Yes, tell us more!  Like are you a male, female, are you into male or female crying, etc!  And welcome!

I like what you said too, especially the "seeing inside a secret chamber, the power and the mystery of it". 

May 26, 2013 1:44 am  #6

I'm female.28 years old. I'll take both male and female but male is hotter. My fetish began as a kid.I used to pretend my dolls were crying by dropping water on them and then I'd hug them.  I felt so weird.finding crying scenes in films. Starting at anyone I saw crying in any situation. Until I realized that what I wanted was to be trusted with that side of someone.I wanted people to feel comparable enough with me to sob with me, to be vulnerable with me. Only two people in my life have ever been that way with me by choice. And it was the most warm soul stirrrng feeling.

It's frustrating because my husband hates crying with Passion.he fights it to the point of holding his breath. He denies emotion to an extreme.when we put up his sister's tombstone he told me later."I'm feeling down.don't know why.I must be tired from the drive." Like it had nothing to do with being at his sister's grave.
He has broken down in front of me a few times and lets me comfort him but he is always mad at himself. No matter how many times I tell him that I respect him no matter what and I'm there for him he says"but I'm an adult.I get that I have to cry sometimes but not that much.I should be able to control it"       he's such a guy.there's no getting through to him.  But I love it when he cries. He isn't great at communicating and I have such Hard time reading him.when he cries I feel like"there he is." Like he opened the door and let me peek. Knowing no one else will ever see him that way.his tears are the best communication he can ever give our relationship.he doesn't have to say anything. It's so hot. The most amazing was the two times he cried because I was crying. No flowers could have shown his love more than that. But he felt the need to apologize for crying none the less. What is it with men??

I could never tell him about my fetish.he wouldn't be able to separate the idea of my Enjoying his tears from the idea that i enjoy his pain. 

Last edited by inmyarms (May 26, 2013 1:47 am)

May 26, 2013 1:46 am  #7

One tip I'll pass on that I learned from a therapist: when he goes into the breath holding, wait a second or two and then shout as loudly as you can "BREATHE!"  I guarantee he'll be startled and gasp, and that will break his concentration and he'll break down.  He may feel a bit "I've been tricked!" but in the long run he'll feel better.

I know.  My therapist did that to me.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 26, 2013 1:50 am  #8

caircair wrote:

One tip I'll pass on that I learned from a therapist: when he goes into the breath holding, wait a second or two and then shout as loudly as you can "BREATHE!"  I guarantee he'll be startled and gasp, and that will break his concentration and he'll break down.  He may feel a bit "I've been tricked!" but in the long run he'll feel better.

I know.  My therapist did that to me.

It'll make him mad at me.he hates being asked at.he does breath.he'll take a deep breath, hold it and release as slowly as possible trying not to let a sob out. Only twice did he all out sob. Both times he was causing himself through his tears"why can't I calm down"' I thought after a good cry in my arms he'd feel relieved but the next day he would say how he never wants to do that again.he said he felt hysterical, out of control. I tried to tell him that it was just cring, with his wife.not hysterics.not a tantrum.he doesn't see the distinction.

May 26, 2013 2:22 am  #9

I sympathize with you.  You will find posts about my own hubby's attitude and total disinterest in crying throughout the board. 

May 26, 2013 2:32 am  #10

I suppose we must live vicariously through carrotcakes posts.

Board footera