You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2013 8:11 pm  #1

tear bottles

I'm fascinated by the idea of collecting tears. Common on and off until the Victorian era. People would correct their tears in a bottle as they cried.there's a small revival of the custom as a greif ritual.I would love to see a video of someone using a year bottle but never found one. Anyone else find the idea of crying into a reciprocal beautiful and mesmerising? Of having a physical measurement of emotion. I
read an account of a shamanic course in Ireland where Forty shamans gathered to cryf or whatever greif they had and took turns shedding their tears into a small black cauldron in the center of the room. I can't help wondering how full it was by the time they were done. 

Tears are the last gift of true love.

May 24, 2013 9:12 pm  #2

Re: tear bottles

As I recall, they are also called "lachrymotes".  The ancient Greeks had paid mourners who used them at funerals, then presented them to the family of the deceased.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 24, 2013 9:54 pm  #3

They were used by greeks, Egyptians, Jews....the Victorian made an elaborate ritual out of them.the tears of the mourners would be pitted into a single bottle with a stopper designed to allow but not prevent evaporation.when the tears evaporated then the mourning period was over. Soldier off to fight in the civil war would present tear bottles to their wives as parting gifts. How full they were when the soldiers returned was considered a measure of the wife's devotion.

May 24, 2013 11:09 pm  #4

Hi inmyarms and welcome to this ingenious forum. I recommend you to see Cry Baby with Johnny Depp, it depicts tears collecting in a jar in 2 scenes. This is a movie adressesed to dacryphiles though at times Depp has huge fake drops on his cheeks instead of tears. It's a weird movie though and it has some very hot scenes such as tears licking..but ohterwise the acting is a bit over the top..Iwould have liked better a noir film where there were some guy who turned on women by crying and being vulnerable..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

May 25, 2013 7:33 pm  #5

psychic_girl wrote:

I would have liked better a noir film where there were some guy who turned on women by crying and being vulnerable..

Cool movie idea, Psychic_girl!

May 26, 2013 1:28 am  #6

psychic_girl wrote:

Hi inmyarms and welcome to this ingenious forum. I recommend you to see Cry Baby with Johnny Depp, it depicts tears collecting in a jar in 2 scenes. This is a movie adressesed to dacryphiles though at times Depp has huge fake drops on his cheeks instead of tears. It's a weird movie though and it has some very hot scenes such as tears licking..but ohterwise the acting is a bit over the top..Iwould have liked better a noir film where there were some guy who turned on women by crying and being vulnerable..

Not my thing.My fetish isn't overly sexual. What turns me on is the openness and honesty of feeling that crying shows. 

May 26, 2013 2:07 am  #7

Actually, I think the sexual turn-on of tears is most likely very rare.  Most of what I've seen on this board is that it's more of an emotional turn-on.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 26, 2013 2:09 am  #8

caircair wrote:

Actually, I think the sexual turn-on of tears is most likely very rare.  Most of what I've seen on this board is that it's more of an emotional turn-on.

That's what I was just going to say!  You beat me to it!  

May 26, 2013 5:58 pm  #9

At the time i saw Cry Baby i thought it was pretty cool but i wasn't turn on literally by those  scenes, though at that time i used to have a crush on J. Depp and i liked that he was depicted in that movie as a bad boy who has a slighly touchy and vulnerable side that he shows in front of his sweetheart. Some scenes seem more realistic then others and i used to fancy that he produced real ters in them unlike those close ups were he has fake tears..
 I'am also fond of the emotional side of crying but on some ocasions i get aroused as well though i would never harm anyone in real life just to see them weep.

Last edited by psychic_girl (May 26, 2013 6:00 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

May 30, 2013 7:04 pm  #10

A good few years ago now I looked into getting a couple of tear bottles.

My wife and I went through a tragic event a number of years ago and to say that we both cried a river of tears is an epic understatement. In fact the events still cause a number of tears even now.

At the time I think to recognise the pain that we were going through I considered collecting our tears and storing them permanently in tear bottles. At the time a company (I forget what they were called now) would send you a collecting bottle for you to send back and they would seal your tears into glass bottles - bit like the glass thermometers you can get.

In the end up we didn't get them - my wife was not as keen as I was and in retrospect I think she was right. But I did get to the point of collecting some of my tears for use but because they were not stored in a air tight sealed bottle they eventully evaporated.

Board footera