You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2013 7:31 am  #1

Your Ultimate Crying Movie?

Open ended Question for everyone on the Forum,

What your 1 or 2 top crying movies/shows/episodes/scenes of all time, provide a sentance or two on WHY it is the best!

Even though everyone here has very different and specfic tastes, I'd like to gather the informationm then we can vote and play around with it until we come up with a sort of general top ten list to post on the forum for newcomers and future viewing.

I'm excited to hear your answer!
Ready? Go!

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

May 25, 2013 1:44 pm  #2

Re: Your Ultimate Crying Movie?

Oh boy, this is so hard to tell..because there are so many that i liked and found compelling ( so please excuse me i don't write just 1, 2 sentences). I know i'll be very subjective in my choice, not because the movies and the scenes in themselves were that moving in terms of crying but because at that time i was exploring and discovering this part of myself. My fetish was ''blooming'' so to say and every time i was caught by surprise by an actor in a scene it was extremely intense for me. I would have wanted it to last forever or to be able to see as many other  instances of that men crying for as long as i wanted to, untill i got weary..which it never happened.

1. In highschool i got to see screencaps from the movie play The Death of a Salesman with Dustin Hoffman and John Malkovich on a fan site of the latter. It was a short one with them both crying and hugging and i had that instantaneous crave..I've got to see it. I anticipated something great..
With great difficulty i asked a friend of mine to download the movie from a torrent site since at that time i was on dial up connection and i could not do it myself. I payed the DVD and when i saw those 2 scenes with Malkovich sobbing i was very overwhelmed and impressed. This one still remains on my top favourites because it's so tender, beautiful and complex. It's the scene were they argue after Biff (Malkovich) discovers his father cheating on his mother. His gestures in that scene, the way the emotion builds up untill the end of the scene is the best i saw so far even if there isn't too long..
I also read the play and it's identical there, Biff crying and rage are very powerfull and i couln't think any actor would have pulled this role off as Malkovich did.

2. Since Malkovich is my favourite crier i also can say that i love how he makes Valmont cry towards the end of Dangerous Liasions. That's a close up and it's maybe one of the single moments in the movie when Valmont finally repents what he did from the bottom of his heart. I had the impression he won't cry and then in a couple of instants his eyes well up and his chin trembles and 2 delicate tears fall from his sad eyes. It was a close up and in those bief seconds while he carries his lasts words before dieing, he sheds those amazing tears..It's very dramatic and beautiful.

3. Jeremy Piven in the show Cupid..( small cues but when the camera pans on his face, he's cheeks and eyes are soaked in seconds)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

May 25, 2013 5:54 pm  #3

I honestly don't have a best, I guess I'm still looking for that one perfect clip.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 25, 2013 5:59 pm  #4

1. Favourite Crying movie would definitely be Anywhere But Here starring Natalie Portman. she cries on four separate occasions and all four scenes are amazing with some perfect running tears of various speeds.

2. Favourite Crying Movie scene would be the end of Zero Dark Thirty where Jessica Chastain's character silently cries at the conclusion of her mission. I think it's three tears I'm not altogether sure.

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

May 25, 2013 6:02 pm  #5

3. Favourite TV scene. There's too many, but there was this one scene in a British cop show called The Bill, where a female civilian cried all through her interview, all perfect tears

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

May 25, 2013 8:24 pm  #6

caircair wrote:

I honestly don't have a best, I guess I'm still looking for that one perfect clip.

Same here.  I'm still looking for something that makes my jaw drop.

May 26, 2013 10:12 pm  #7

Same as caircair and woundedpuppy... I'm still looking for the best one.
The clips I've seen aren't very satisfying, cos after a while, those scenes didn't touch my heart anymore.

I'm looking for one perfect scene that I can play over and over again (it might be impossible to find, however).

May 26, 2013 11:15 pm  #8

Two for me. 1 is two others tv interview after Steve Irwin died. Second is a Japanese miniseries called 1 litre of tears. It follows the progress of a teenage girl through an ALS type of illness. Lots of crying all around.male and female.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

May 28, 2013 12:26 am  #9

Ah yes, I've seen 1 Litre of Tears... too bad I'm not a fan of the actor (Ryo Nishikido). Also, he was still very young in that drama (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ichi_Rittoru_no_Namida). He cried pretty well there though~

I haven't seen the TV interview after Steve Irwin died... who was interviewed?

May 28, 2013 6:22 am  #10

sakura wrote:

Ah yes, I've seen 1 Litre of Tears... too bad I'm not a fan of the actor (Ryo Nishikido). Also, he was still very young in that drama (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ichi_Rittoru_no_Namida). He cried pretty well there though~

I haven't seen the TV interview after Steve Irwin died... who was interviewed?

His wife.nonstop.start to finish.I not only cried watching it,incorrect good while after too,which was so odd for me.this was five years ago though.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

Board footera