You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2013 3:03 pm  #1

husband obs

We've been going through some difficulties in our marriage. Heaven knows I have cried my eyes out over the last week or two.but I didn't obs myself.. But this time when my husband cried after one of our slightly more productive yet painful talks he didn't hide his face from me which was a first. He was looking utterly miserable and frustrated.I took his hand and I heard his breath catch. He held it as he always does to keep from sobbing and his face turned red with the effort to keep his mouth from grimacing.but the biggest tears slid out of the inner corners of his eyes and down his nose. Then more down his cheeks and into his beard. He didn't look at me or come into my arms but he didn't hide his face in a pillow either. It's the first time he let me see him cry straight out. It was brief.maybe thirty seconds. 

Tears are the last gift of true love.

July 13, 2013 4:13 am  #2

Re: husband obs

Wow, very powerful observation. Thank you for sharing! About how many tears did he shed total? It sounds like a lot for 30 seconds.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

July 15, 2013 7:12 pm  #3

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you and your husband are having a tough time.

July 18, 2013 2:00 am  #4

Mean timetime.it wasn't about.but they were big. Carrotcake we'll get there. Every couple has their rough patches.

July 19, 2013 11:11 pm  #5

Thanks for sharing, I hope things get better. Nice obs.

July 23, 2013 9:32 pm  #6

Kind of says a lot this - regardless of the problems you guys are having he care enough to cry openly. He also trusts you to allow you to see him at his most vunerable with tears falling down his cheeks. Did you start crying with him? Can make for a special moment and bond.

July 27, 2013 2:49 pm  #7

I know my husband since 1993 and I saw him crying once during all the years. At that time I couldn't realy enjoy his crying because ist was the death of his father, which I liked too. I guess you are lucky that your husband allowes himself to cry in front of you, especially if it is about problems in your relationship!

August 5, 2013 11:16 pm  #8

How old is he?

August 25, 2013 6:28 pm  #9

He's 39

August 25, 2013 8:11 pm  #10

Yeah, it's odd that he cries once in a lifetime..flatter. I guess some men need a lot of work to pull through their emotions. Society and prejudice made men tougher then it's needed..and because of this, weaker when it's really needed..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera