You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2013 10:00 pm  #1

recents obs (m & f)

My wife and I have recently been on holiday and had a fantastic time. But one night, sitting sharing a bottle of wine on our balcony and talking about life and stuff my wife's voice wobbled and broke as she thought about a few personal things from years ago.

She let our a ragged sigh and continued to talk getting more and more upset with her voice barely above a whisper. Her eyes filled with huge tears which quickly spilled down her cheeks and dripped off her chin. As she continued to talk more tears fell - some down the side of her nose, some down her cheek. Tears collected under her chin and either dripped off or continued to run down her neck. Unfortunately, for me at least although she was wearing a low cut top showing plenty of cleavage her tears did not survive to roll between her breasts - must have evaporated in the heat!

She probably cried like this for about 10 - 15 minutes - lots of tears, her face was soaking wet and tear stained. She even had moments where a BLT was on display and that's unusual for my wife.

My guess the is the wine help fuel her emotions - she's cried while drunk in the past! - it was quiet a powerful crying event - very emotional.

Of course the things my wife was talking about have powerful meaning to me as well. I did'nt say much, I was listening to what she was saying but I could feel my emotions rising. Then at a particular line I let out a sigh/sob that was a bit louder than I thought it was going to be. Tears immediately filled my eyes. I tried to blink them away - not because I was embarrased but this was my wife's moment and I didn't want her to feel bad for making me cry. But this futile act was completely hopeless and after a few blinks the act of blinking actually caused the tears to escape down my face.

I let myself cry for a few minutes, I would estimate 4/5 tears fell - not a huge cry from me but definitely crying.

We eventully hugged each other tight in bed and fell asleep lying as close to each other as we could.

We did have a fantastic holiday dispite this emotional outburst - but of a stress relief moment really.

Hope you enjoy!

July 23, 2013 10:07 pm  #2

Re: recents obs (m & f)

Sounds like a beautiful moment. Thanks for sharing.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

July 24, 2013 10:41 am  #3

Wonderful story, i'm glad you enjoyed your holiday and have the opportunity to share such touching moments ! i hope you were both fine and refreshed after the crying and a good rest..Sometimes crying gets exhausting.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

July 24, 2013 7:01 pm  #4

Thanks, we had a fantastic time even with this burst of emotion. It's great to get time together away from a busy work life - the extra time is one of the reasons something like this can happen.

Yeah, although emotional it was a good cry, if you know what I mean. I think my wife got more from it to be honest - she felt tired immediately afterwards but refreshed in the morning. Thinking back I think the real reason I got emotional was mainly seeing my wife so upset.

July 25, 2013 11:58 pm  #5

Drinking wine and crying on a balcony? It's like something out of a romance LOL 

The BLT can actually happen to non-BLTers if they are crying and talking at the same time. I don't actually concider it a BLT, but I still enjoy it. 

Ugly crying is pretty crying

July 26, 2013 10:18 pm  #6

That sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had the chance to share such an emotionally intimate moment. Those are the types of moments I treasure!

August 25, 2013 6:31 pm  #7

Crying with your wife shouldn't make her feel bad.on the contrary it's validation to get and it shows your heart out with her. As taboo as it is crying together can be a binding experience.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

August 27, 2013 12:49 am  #8

Sounds like a lovely moment. I find those moments to be particularly fulfilling and relaxing in the longer term. I always love your observations!

Board footera