You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2013 8:02 pm  #1

The Impossible, Ewan McGregor

Has anyone seen the impossible? It is about the tsunami in 2004. At first I thought: how can you make a film about a natural catastrophe, but I admit that the whole film was quite absorbing. I can't post you the break down scene (because I am new here) where the main character calls home and tells, that he is looking for his wife and his oldest son after the disastrous wave has swept everything away.
You find it on youtube typing "the impossible phone call"

July 26, 2013 8:13 pm  #2

Re: The Impossible, Ewan McGregor

Hello, flatter! Welcome to the forum

Yes, I've seen The Impossible. It was a pretty intense movie, but I really liked Naomi Watts & Ewan McGregor there, such amazing acting skills! Even the kids (esp. the oldest) were awesome. I love this movie, esp. since it's a true story.

Did you know the story behind Ewan's crying scene? I read this article http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/15/news/la-en-ewan-mcgregor-20121115 -- he had that crying scene shot in front of 300 tourists who were there in Thailand at that time (oh how I wish I were one of them!).

August 9, 2013 8:45 am  #3

Loved this scene! Complete male breakdowns just makes me tingle inside Thank you!

Tears are words the heart can't express...
-unknown-

March 14, 2016 4:41 am  #4

He has a gift for absolutely losing it when a scene calls for it and oh boy does he deliver. Another lovely thing about this scene is how the other people in the station gather around him, putting their hands on him to comfort. A crying man being comforted, held, touched, warms my little dacryphiliac heart.
PS here's the scene in question: 

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (March 14, 2016 4:43 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

December 9, 2022 9:26 pm  #5

This is a nice compilation of his crying scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoMGFvvbzac

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 9, 2022 9:26 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera