You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2013 4:00 pm  #1

compare crying scenes

Im am sure you all have your favourite actors. Do you compare crying scenes from the same actor? There ist for example Ewan McGregor: he has several crying scenes. When you compare the scenes in Impossible, Moulin rouge and Perfect sense you allways recognize him at once. There is a part in his crying when his voice is high piched and he is really sobbing. There is an other actor I realized a similaritiy in his crying. Noah Wyle from the E.R. series has the habit to cry through his clenched teeth and it sounds like a "s-s-s". Just wonder if you had similar obeservations.

August 14, 2013 4:12 pm  #2

Re: compare crying scenes

Definitely Malkovich has a very peculiar crying style and that's why i love his scenes the most.

I have noticed a pattern too in Of Mice and Men, The Death of a Saleman, The Man with the Iron Mask, Disgrace and Colour me Kubrick where he presses his fingers agains his eyes as if to squeeze tears and then pulls the fingers over the corners of his eyes as if to wipe them.. He does it very slowly at times, almost methodically i would say, and i noticed that he does this in interviews as he bursts in laughter. Maybe he has tears there too since he said he cries at the drop of a hat..
I noticed though that in Dangerous Liaisions he doesn't do this and he lets them fall unchecked.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 14, 2013 9:02 pm  #3

One thing I've noticed with Simon Baker is that, just before he starts to cry his face contorts, as if he's trying to hold the tears back.  I've seen this in The Mentalist, The Guardian, and Book of Love, but not so much in Sex and Death 101 - but the last one is more comedic crying rather than actual emotion.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

August 15, 2013 12:09 pm  #4

Kim Raver has a good contrast in Season 4 of 24. A couple of single tear scenes and a couple of scenes where she is red eyed and one big hysterical one late in the season

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

Board footera