You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2013 9:54 pm  #141

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Psychic_girl, I think I may have something similar to your asthenia.  Weekdays I generally stay up until 3, 4 or even 5 pm or later.  Since I work from home and my shift starts at 8:30 am, 3 pm still leaves me with 8 hours sleep.  But on weekends I sleep 14+ hours at least one day, and oftentimes both. 

In my case, it may be age-induced insomnia coupled with the fact my husband is disabled.  I know as long as he's awake I have to be "on alert" - either to help him with things he needs or to keep an eye on him if he has a seizure.  It isn't until he's in bed that I can relax.  Then on weekends I'm generally so tired I sleep for hours - even then he'll wake me if he REALLY needs help, but we try to have things set up so he can fend for himself as much as possible.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 1, 2013 3:20 pm  #142

Thank you for sharing this caircair and good health to you and yout husband at the dawn of spring.
Usually in my case it'a a seasonal asthenia and it is also related to the fact that at times i waste my nights on the computer studying astrology. I also work from home doing translations.
I'm a night owl since i know myself. If i get a full-time job i will no longer stay at night but usually i stayed without feeling asthenic. I'm 25 now and i don't know why i tire so easily, i guess i should work out more or check my health..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

March 1, 2013 9:21 pm  #143

psychic girl, go to YouTube and type in All in the Family Judge Edith (that might not be the right spelling, but should work anyway)  That episode has a couple of the funniest crying scenes with a man that you ever did see.

March 1, 2013 9:32 pm  #144

If anyone is into really funny crying, Sleepless in Seattle has several nice scenes, and also one or two with some real honest-to-goodness emotion.

March 2, 2013 2:09 am  #145

Has anybody seen the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth from 1960?  If I remember right, Pat Boone starred in it, and  It has a couple of pretty good crying scenes.  In one of them, Pat Boone says something real romantic and intimate to his girlfriend, and she begins to tear up.  Later on, the rival professor's wife learns that he's been murdered, and she cries into a handkerchief.

Last edited by handkerchief (March 6, 2013 2:52 pm)

March 2, 2013 2:35 am  #146

There was a movie way back around 1950 called The Big Heat.  Had Glenn Ford if my memory serves.  I've watched it on the Turner channel a time or two.  Not all that far into the movie Ford has to help investigate his best friend's death, and the friend's wife is quite the basket case.  She uses a handkerchief a considerable amount, too.  Any time I run up on one of those real old flicks I'll post  what I can.    Toward the end of the movie Double Wedding, which I believe was from the late thirties (but I'm not absolutely certain) there was a pretty cool crying handkerchief scene.

Last edited by handkerchief (March 2, 2013 8:14 pm)

March 2, 2013 5:05 pm  #147

So handkierchief you're into ''handkerchief'' scenes ha? i mean this is the individual trait of your fetish - the use of a handkerchief? I'll try to remember where i have seen such scenes. I also watch funny crying scenes but only if they're genuine enough so that the actors in them ellicit real tears, not just dry cry or hiccup...if it makes scense. I saw All in the Family, Judge Edith epi.  but the scene with that guy bursting into a handkerchief is far too brief . There's a scene with jack nicholson in Anger Management, where he is told a lie by adam sandler and he cries in a very funny and quirky way while having tears streaming down his face.That was not supposed to be dramatic.! Another one is in The hot chick where ROB SCHNEIDER does a girlie weepie in many scenes but in one of them he really nails it by shedding actual tears. That's quite amazing because it's both funny and dramatic...Bronson Pinchot in an older comedic series such as Perect Strangers ( i don't remember the epi exactly but i guess it was in season 2) has again a very cool both funny and sad cry in it..

Last edited by psychic_girl (March 2, 2013 5:11 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

March 2, 2013 8:12 pm  #148

psychic girl, tissues or handkerchiefs...either one works for me.  But I do prefer one or the other.  Crying scenes without tissues or a handkerchief I tend not to pay nearly as much attention to.

March 2, 2013 9:45 pm  #149

"Funny" crying, even with actual tears, just doesn't do it for me.  It's too patently obvious that the actor is "faking" crying.  After all, I can induce tears by rubbing lemon juice, Ben Gay, etc. into my eyes.  I've even heard Harrison Ford's secret to producing tears is a small bottle of onion juice.

Now, if it's an unbroken scene (no quick camera cuts) and it's obvious the actor is welling up, then I'm impressed.  That was one of the reasons the last couple Castle episodes were satisfying for me - Nathan Fillion didn't actually CRY, but there were a couple times when his eyes went from dry to visibly swimming.  If he'd blinked, there would have been tears falling.

Last edited by caircair (March 2, 2013 9:53 pm)

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 3, 2013 1:50 am  #150

Who has seen the movie Annie from 1980 or along in there?  There's a pretty cute scene where they're all in the theater watching the movie Camille.  Daddy Warbucks' secretary start weeping and he passes her a handkerchief.  By the way, the actual movie Camille came out in the mid-thirties...maybe '35, but I couldn't swear it.  It turns up on Turner a time or two.  Those of y'all who enjoy crying at movies might do well to watch for it.  Could they come up with some tear-jerkers back in the day!!!

Board footera