You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 16, 2013 11:36 am  #181

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

is it with Burt Lancaster? i saw one with him crying in The Birdman of Alcatraz..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

March 17, 2013 12:25 am  #182

There was a movie called The Girl Next Door that has turned up on the Fox movie channel a time or two.  I believe it was made in the late fifties, but I couldn't swear it  It is a romantic comedy of a sort, and there's a pretty good scene where the lady cries into a handkerchief.  Then there was another movie from back in the nineties that was also called the Girl Next Door about which perhaps the less said the better.  I wouldn't want anybody to accidentally get the wrong one.  Psychic girl, Lancaster may well have been in the movie Elmer Gantry, but I couldn't swear to it.  Why don't you look up the movie on Wikipedia and find out?

Last edited by handkerchief (March 17, 2013 12:32 am)

March 18, 2013 8:53 pm  #183

Psychic Girl, have you ever gone through any Big Brother material on You Tube?  Seems like some of those folks all but make a hobby out of crying, and there seem to be as many guy scenes as girl ones.

March 18, 2013 9:24 pm  #184

If you're into implied/minimalist crying, there's a really good scene in Drive where Ryan Gosling is talking to Carey Mulligan's character outside the elevator. His face is mostly in shadows but you can hear him getting emotional as he talks to her and his voice breaks. The elevator opens and spills light on them and as Ryan looks up you can see tears on his cheeks. It's really subdued and played down but struck a chord with me. There are also some other scenes where he gets emotional and is shaking/sweating but no crying.

Also, for anyone who loves Ryan Gosling as much as I do, apparently he cries in The Place Beyond the Pines which is coming out this month.

Last edited by sparkbark (March 19, 2013 12:31 am)

March 18, 2013 10:53 pm  #185

Handkerchief, a few years ago i used to watch some Big Brother parts when i was deperate and i couldn't fancy any actor crying. I only liked a gay guy  once who cried very much  on the show but the clips at that time weren't clear enough so i gave up watching..I remembered him though, he also used a handkerchief a lot and as far as i see right now  now the clips are gettin better and the criers as well ))
I might check on  them the from time to time but actors still ramain the top noch of crying...

Sparkbark,Yeah, i'm into minimalist crying and i looked over that scene when i rented Drive, silly me ! At the beginning i didn't consider Ryan Gosling such a great crier, I mean i wasn't impressed with his performance in the Notebook and Half Nelson. Then i saw Stay where he definitely shares more tears and in Blue Valentine  he was amazing..He cries more and more and he's improving...
I just can't wait for a Place Beyond the Pines. The Ides of March car scene was again well done, not many tears but good takes that make for what you said that subtile, minimalist crying..

Last edited by psychic_girl (March 18, 2013 10:54 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

March 18, 2013 11:28 pm  #186

Now i pursue Jeremy Piven in Mr Selfridge, the show and his character are not yet ripe in terms of crying scenes  ( i mean it's not yet very dramatic) but Piven really tears up and as i saw him in most films he acted and  he's a crying factory. He really sobs 5 times in ''I melt with you '' and in Smokin' Aces, well he carries crying on screen to a new level. He cries a few times in Entourage too, as Ari Gold etc. i can't get enough of him and he varies , at times he sheds one single tear and at other times he floods with tears and they stream one after another

Woody Harrelson

March 22, 2013 10:38 pm  #187

I saw the movie Orchestra Wives on the Turner channel a couple of days ago.  There's several pretty nice crying handkerchief scenes.  If somebody is interested, they might hit Turner's website to see what flicks come on when.  Some of those old-time romances are so full of tears you just about have to swim through them.

Last edited by handkerchief (March 24, 2013 10:14 pm)

March 31, 2013 3:35 pm  #188

Zoe Saldana at the end of Burning Palms - great lip action there for the few who like it

Mila Kunis does a small but decent BLT in Oz the Great and Powerful. Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams have running tears for tear lovers. There's also a crying monkey, if anyone likes that.

Last edited by TorNorth (March 31, 2013 3:35 pm)

Ugly crying is pretty crying

April 11, 2013 2:47 am  #189

Woody Harrelson

April 11, 2013 6:07 pm  #190

thanks, psychic girl.  That's as good a picture as I've seen in quite a while

Board footera