You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2013 6:10 pm  #191

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Bae Doona (I think that's her name) does the double tears twice in Cloud Atlas, Andrea Riseborough does it once in Oblivion

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

April 15, 2013 3:36 am  #192

Just thought I would add a few
Thanks to PaperThings and Psychic_girl for the tips on some of these, just wanted to make sure they ended up on this thread too.

1. Joseph Gorden Lovett has a really sweet scene toward the end of Brick in bed with Kara.  Actually a fair amount of sobbing which he does really well very cute!

2. Barry Pepper in the 8th episode of the Kennedy's just watch from the beginning, he has 2 crying scenes right away. 

3. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena at the end of End of Watch, not two of the best I've seen, but heartbreaking none-the-less.  Great female crying at the end as well including Anna Kendrick

4.  Josh Duhamel in Safe Haven within the last 15 minutes of the movie.  I'm not really sure you can call it a crying scene, but he definitely gets choked up a bit, which is more emotion than I think I have ever seen from him before, so I figured I would give him credit.  Also, David Lyons cries in the movie as well, though he is certainly not as likable as when he  had the magnificent crying scene in ER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtW958WDo8g)

Will keep posting!  

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

April 15, 2013 3:37 am  #193

Oh and Barry Pepper has a full out sobbing scene at the end of the 25th Hour and Edward Norton has a very subtle moment a few scenes later if you stick it out.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

April 15, 2013 5:56 pm  #194

Also Robert Downey JR has a cute scene in the Soloist with his wife in the last hour of the movie.

April 15, 2013 8:32 pm  #195

OH i saw that, it's one of my favourites, so neat and sincere he cries there . You should see The Singing Detective or rather it had to be called the Crying Detective. In an interview that i read a few time ago R. Downey Jr. said that he filmed it when he was on rehab and it was a very depressing time in his life. He poured his heart out in the scene with Mel Gibson but the ending of that scene is very quirky and funny. He also cries in Less then Zero and Two Girls and a Guy ( the ending )

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 24, 2013 10:17 pm  #196

I like seeing Robert Downey Jr. crying in Two Girls and a Guy... although I wish I could see his face..  

April 25, 2013 3:10 pm  #197

I remember the Two Girls and a Guy crying scene too.  Although we don't see his face, I love the sounds he makes.  I think he says, "Oh sh*t... oh sh*t" over and over again.  You can hear it in his voice that he's really crying even though you can't see it.  I looove lines like that... any sort of "oh no's", or "uh-ohs" or completely overwhelmed type of words or phrases... it just makes them sound so helpless!!

Helpless is really my thing. 

April 25, 2013 5:48 pm  #198

I love that if you listen really closely, you can hear him say "Don't leave."  Perfection

April 25, 2013 9:16 pm  #199

yellowrose wrote:

I love that if you listen really closely, you can hear him say "Don't leave."  Perfection

Awww!

I need to rent/buy some of this stuff... not all of it is on YouTube!

April 26, 2013 2:24 am  #200

The movie can be found online, i saw it again, the ending i mean . He keeps trying to call a funeral agency and breaks down while talking..uhh, if i had been at the other end of the line, uhh... i love men talking on the phone while sobbing. And the way Heather Graham embraces him later on, she simply goes all over him..it must be really pleasant to experince that body shaken with sobs...

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 26, 2013 2:26 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera