You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2014 10:35 pm  #311

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

psychic_girl wrote:

Yellowrose, is that the only crying scene in the movie? Of what i saw in the trailer there seemed to be a lot more in the '''Judge''.

There are some emotional scenes in The Judge and Robert Downey Jr. clearly had his eyes full of tears, but they cut the scene right away so not much to see.
His sobbing at almost the end of the movie was heartbreaking, though... despite his face being covered.

I love The Judge! 

November 6, 2014 10:44 pm  #312

Squonk wrote:

Yes, nice little scene from Corey Stoll on The Strain.  I agree it was too dark, though.   

I like Corey Stoll's crying scenes, he's a pretty good crier!
He has some crying scenes in House of Cards season 1, episode 10 & 11 if I'm not mistaken.

November 7, 2014 12:13 am  #313

Howdy, one and all! I have been having fits trying to get logged in and finally managed to do so.  I saw a Western a few days ago about this rancher who had two sons, one good and one evil.  He kills the evil one at the end and has somewhat of a breakdown over it.  The movie and the ending were more than average powerful. but I couldn't call the name of it if somebody threw a gun on me.   

November 7, 2014 12:55 pm  #314

Oh handkerchief, you're so teasing mee..)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 7, 2014 7:24 pm  #315

Just saw Interstellar starring Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Chastain, Anne Hathaway, and a number of A-list actors (such a great cast & phenomenal acting).

This movie exceeds all my expectations, esp. the crying scenes!
What you see from the trailers is just a short teaser. In the movie, Matthew's crying his eyes out so many times; there are even 2 sobbing scenes with his face full of tears. Some of those scenes are heartbreaking, involving a relationship with his on-screen daughter (played by Mackenzie Foy -- she's amazing! So young, yet she can portray such emotional depth).

Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain also cried a bit here.

November 7, 2014 7:52 pm  #316

I just saw INTERSTELLAR and Matthew McConaughey has two massive crying scenes, and some scenes where he gets choked up.
His crying is brilliant, extremly touching and impressive: the way he starts and then envolves into full sobbing (you can see the bit in the trailer where he is watching the messages from his children). sadly the sobbing part is not very long. but  I think its one of the best crying scenes i saw by an actor.
there will be another one towards the end of the movie, i can't tell you a lot (spoilers), but i think its interesting that you can see his tears through his helmet and the tears stay quite long on his cheeks.

November 7, 2014 7:53 pm  #317

oh sakura, just saw you post now :-)

November 7, 2014 8:39 pm  #318

abcd1234 wrote:

oh sakura, just saw you post now :-)  

Haha yay! *high fives*
Us posting at the same time just shows how strong Interstellar is (and not only the crying scenes, but the overall movie), that it's worth mentioning & being described by different people ^^v

Matthew McConaughey really did a good job with the crying scenes.
He also said in interviews that he cried multiple times during filming and while watching the movie afterwards.

November 7, 2014 11:28 pm  #319

I was at the premiere too with 5 friends. I was indeed overwhelmed by how intense his crying was mostly during the screen scene ( the one from the trailer). I counted them and they're about 5 scenes in total where he sheds tears or is on the verge of crying. Even in the end he cries..simply outstanding dramatic performance.
There is also a crying scene ( short) with Matt Damon at one point. His face is covered at one point but as he talks about his experience he tears up as well..
Overall i think this is the only dramatic movie where men crying superseeds women crying..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 7, 2014 11:31 pm  #320

Michael Caine cries too at one point.

Woody Harrelson

Board footera