You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2014 12:47 am  #351

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

I'm not very fond of him either because he's sort of poker faced and dispassionate as far as his playing Peeta. I think a good crying scene would make him better

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

December 1, 2014 5:42 pm  #352

I saw Hunger Games :  The Mockingjay Part 1 tonight with my friends. It was better then the second previous part and i found the crying moments greater then i expected. First of all, here's why : all the atmosphere in the movie was gloomy up to some point and the actor playing Peeta did a good job acting more and more tortured as the story unfolded. When he had that one tear scene he was already looking as having cried before, having blurry eyes and sunk cheeks, trembling ( Katniss notices first that he's not the same ol Peeta, at this point i realized that he was going to cry as he was talking to her). He was then shown in close up and i felt quite impacted by his display of emotions. Secondly, the actor playing Gale was on the verge of crying at one point too, i guess it was in the scene after he was kissed by surprise by Katniss, the emotions were raw but the scene was left at that.
I also felt Philip Seymour Hoffman was almost crying at one point  but the scene was to short to remain in my memory.

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 1, 2014 5:45 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

December 13, 2014 6:58 pm  #353

Walton Goggins in The Shield had no less than seven crying scenes, ranging in intensity from tearing up to full-blown meltdown.  He is phenomenal.  Unfortunately, Fox/FX doesn't let anything get posted on YouTube.  The show is available in the U.S. on Amazon Prime. 
Season 5, Episode 11, "Postpartum", scene starts 54:00, gets intense at 57:50.  All the following scenes stem from what happens in this one.  
Season 6, Episode 1, "On the Jones", 17:25
Season 6, Episode 4, "The New Guy", 19:48
Season 6, Episode 5, "Haunts", 42:17.  Incredibly raw, full breakdown.  One of the best I've seen.  
Season 7, Episode 12, "Possible Kill Screen", 28:50
Season 7, Episode 12, "Possible Kill Screen", 44:04, Very strong scene.  Great tears.  
Season 7, Episode 13, "Family Meeting, Part 1", 28:45

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

December 15, 2014 9:23 pm  #354

I managed to see them all Squonk, amazing scenes indeed. Mostly the ones from Family Meeting, Haunts and The New Guy. I would really hand him an Emmy for this crying alone but i think he is enough appeciated by crtics for this role.
I like the way he tears up even without preparation, some  scenes are  very spontaneous..mostly the crying  from the New Guy, you don't really expect him to cry in that and then bam, his chin scrunches and his eyes well up with tears .
I found them on browsing The Shield watch online and i found a list on Video weed with all the seasons, then i started to look for that particular selected scenes .

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 15, 2014 9:25 pm)

Woody Harrelson

December 16, 2014 1:47 am  #355

Psychic_girl, I'm so pleased you took the time to find and watch all those Shield clips. They are amazing.  
Walton Goggins seems to be a pretty emotional person.  Even in interviews (particularly about his beautiful work on Sons of Anarchy; he cried in three out of six appearances) he is saying things like, "I'm going to start crying", "I don't want to get emotional".  In one interview, he talks about his friend and co-star Michael Chiklis directing his big breakdown scene in "Haunts" and how he was made to feel comfortable enough to go to such a dark, despairing place.  
Also, he might be one of us :  When asked to name his favorite Shield scene that he wasn't in, he picked a great crying scene.  It was season 1, episode 10, "Dragonchasers."  Jay Karnes' detective character finally gets a serial killer to confess, but only after enduring hours of humiliation and insults at his hands (that his fellow cops have been watching on the video monitor).  At the very end of the episode, instead of basking in his colleagues' admiration, he goes to his car and weeps.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

December 16, 2014 1:03 pm  #356

Hobbit: Battle of the five armies

Evangeline Lilly had some tearful scenes and a semi-intense crying scene. I counted about 5-6 drops of tears that rolled all the way down. Should be a treat for the pretty cry lovers. Aidan Turner had a scene with tears in his eyes and his lips trembling. Martin Freeman has a very touching but also kind of amusing crying scene where he tries to be all stiff-upper lip and then breaks down. He sobbed with his mouth covered. Luke Evans briefly cries into his daughter's shoulder. 

Ugly crying is pretty crying

December 16, 2014 10:21 pm  #357

Squonk wrote:

Also, he might be one of us :  When asked to name his favorite Shield scene that he wasn't in, he picked a great crying scene.  It was season 1, episode 10, "Dragonchasers."  Jay Karnes' detective character finally gets a serial killer to confess, but only after enduring hours of humiliation and insults at his hands (that his fellow cops have been watching on the video monitor).  At the very end of the episode, instead of basking in his colleagues' admiration, he goes to his car and weeps.  

That is awsome i guess, maybe he will come to this forum too to share some of his observations and maybe some of his experiences as a crier as well.   kiddin, those crying  male scenes are always the salt and peper of every dramatic show. It's just that men's crying is so artfull and beautifull ..Thank you for mentioning that scene as well, i'll look for it as soon as i can . The Shield is a bit as Sons of Anarchy in some sense, the male characters are very raw in emotion, there's more crying scenes in those clips that you mentioned earlier, i don't konw all their names but in the episode Family Meeting Jay Karnes and the Michael Chiklis have teary scenes.

Thank you, Tornorth for disclosing the scenes in The Hobbit : The Battle of the Five Armies. I was expecting some crying  scenes  from Martin Freeman, he was sort of  stiff in the other two movies. I saw yesterday Nativity with him in the leading role and in that film he has 2 short crying scenes ( one is a break down) where he tries as hard not to cry and then he 's overcame with emotion. They could have been longer i guess, i like the way he sticks out  his tongue over the underlip at one moment (  There gifs on google images  with it )
What about Richard Armitage ? .

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 16, 2014 10:31 pm)

Woody Harrelson

December 25, 2014 2:21 am  #358

I think this is part of my Christmas gift, some scenes are pretty familiar to this forum but many others not so ). I like the interview with Hugh Jackman, the longer version of it and the scene with River Phoenix from ''My private Idaho''..If you don't know the names of some actors i will try to translate in English ( this is a Russian site ) :

http://vk.com/thismoviemakemecry

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 25, 2014 2:22 am)

Woody Harrelson

December 25, 2014 4:49 pm  #359

Wow, Psychic_Girl, this is quite a compilation!  Is that site the Russian equivalent of Crying Lovers?  
Thank you for posting this.  (And any translations you could provide would be appreciated.  I recognize a lot of these, but not all).  

December 25, 2014 6:05 pm  #360

It's not a forum like this one, i think, it's just someone who posts crying scenes from the movies and as far as it seems most of them , if not all, are with men. I think it's a profile on a site and the person is fond of the same things as we are. I'm not sure if she/he is Russian , i just noticed that on the bottom down she/he started to write the titles of the movies and the names of the actors in Russian. I know a little bit of Russian, mostly the chirilic alphabet and i will manage to translate some of them if you decribe me the image. I'm not very good though..

Woody Harrelson

Board footera