You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2014 2:26 am  #361

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Thought I'd wish y'all who believe a Blessed Christmas, and for the rest of y'all Happy Holidays and a Happy 2015!

December 26, 2014 6:27 pm  #362

Thank You Handkerchief, I wish you too a sweet, merry, and cozy New Year's Eve and i hope you had a blast for this Christmas !

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 26, 2014 6:28 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 3, 2015 6:46 pm  #363

Benedict Cumberbach talks about the upcoming crying scene in the Imitation Game, this is a biggie :

http://www.bigissue.com/features/interviews/4547/benedict-cumberbatch-interview-i-increasingly-feel-the-need-to-step-back

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 3, 2015 9:51 pm  #364

Josh Duhamel has a crying scene near the end of You're Not You.  Not the best but good for him.  Its nice to see him taking some more serious roles

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

January 6, 2015 10:34 pm  #365

There is this swedish drama about marriage called FORCE MAJEURE, hard to watch, really uncomfortable - but very good.
The husband has a complete breakdown, like you have never seen it before, he completly loses it and in the eye of the wife loses his dignity too (that he lost already before).

There is an interview expert, where the actor talks about the scene. 

Tomas is not a pretty crier when you see him break down, which is just one of the moments in the film where it’d could easily veer towards mawkishness if it weren’t so uncomfortably funny. How did you actually want to push this into comedy?Johannes Bah Kuhnke: We wanted to take it so far away from what we’re used to see when we see the perfect cry with a stone face and a single tear rolling down his cheek. We wanted to go really, really over the top. Ruben sent me a clip from YouTube called the “Worst Man Cry Ever.”But it was very important for me not to play the comedy and actually play a real cry, a real cry but taken very hard.This was a real acting technique I learned from school. It’s from “Macbeth” and it’s like because [Lady Macbeth] is saying, “Blood, blood. Get away from my body,” and most of the actors are, “Blood, blood. Get away from my body!” [at a high pitch] But you should start up with [nonchalantly saying,] “Oh, there is some blood there.” “Oh, there’s a little bit more, and it’s starting to spread over there” [gradually getting to], “Fuck, I have blood here.” Then it can actually grow so, so big and so over the top and still not lose the commitment to the feeling. That’s what we were aiming for this one.

January 8, 2015 9:32 pm  #366

Abcd1234, i saw the scene too and it's weird at one point, actually it's funny from the very begining when the wife disbelives her husband to be actually crying and he even admits he goes a bit over the top, then he starts to be more convincing again while talking so that at one point he nails it and goes into a fit of extreme sobbing ...i personally don't know what to say, i started  laughing so hard when she squeezes his nose and swears him that  i was not very hooked up  as usual because it's a  tremedous comedic scene, i don't see what's so uncomfortable about it.
Later on it's a scene even more funny while he's almost fainted with crying and his children get worried asking what's wrong with him ....delightfully done ) but yet you don't quite see the tears streaming down..

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 8, 2015 9:36 pm)

Woody Harrelson

January 9, 2015 12:00 am  #367

Just saw the Hindi movie called PK. Hilarious, irreverent, and full of awesome pretty crying from Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma.

January 9, 2015 10:09 am  #368

truffle wrote:

Just saw the Hindi movie called PK. Hilarious, irreverent, and full of awesome pretty crying from Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma.

I liked that little lip curl anushka sharma did near the end. I was so waiting for that moment. The thing that pissed me off was that bloody microphone that half obscured her mouth.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

January 17, 2015 12:48 am  #369

Eddie Redmayne has a crying scene at about the 103 minute mark of The Theory of Everything.  It is really interesting because he is playing Stephen Hawking  Does the crying right, lots of tears, but totally different because he can't speak or use his face like he normally would.  Very interesting and I'd love to hear his thoughts on how he did it and still made it so believable

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

January 18, 2015 11:20 pm  #370

Did anyone see The Water Diviner with Russel Crowe ?

I read a lot of film reviews where everybody praised the dramatic moments in this movie. Among those reviews this one draw my attention :

'' There's a bunch of crying to be had, but none that really hits hard. Russell Crowe is in tears every second scene, but as I was sitting in my seat I couldn't help but feel rather awkward, sitting there watching him ball his eyes out for a cheap attempt at stirring some emotion in the audience. That's the one area where Crowe fails in his directing, but I'm sure he'll improve over time. Hopefully, anyway. [..]''

Here's all the review : http://www.directorscutmovies.com/2010s/the-water-diviner

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 18, 2015 11:20 pm)

Woody Harrelson

Board footera