You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 18, 2016 4:40 pm  #431

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

In X-Men Apocalypse there are some very brief crying moments from James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Rose Byrne. None from Jennifer Lawrence or Sophie Turner though which was a shame

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

May 18, 2016 8:34 pm  #432

reptongeek wrote:

In X-Men Apocalypse there are some very brief crying moments from James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Rose Byrne. None from Jennifer Lawrence or Sophie Turner though which was a shame

Thanks for posting.  I was hoping Apocalypse would include some male crying (however brief), although I'm sorry about the relative lack of female crying scenes. I feel like we've reached a tipping-point where blockbusters are almost more likely to feature male tears than female ones.

Last edited by Tristana (May 18, 2016 8:42 pm)

May 19, 2016 10:33 am  #433

Tristana wrote:

reptongeek wrote:

Thanks for posting.  I was hoping Apocalypse would include some male crying (however brief), although I'm sorry about the relative lack of female crying scenes. I feel like we've reached a tipping-point where blockbusters are almost more likely to feature male tears than female ones.

In Michael's first crying scene, I don't like the cinematography though because it's digital capture and not shot on film. Visually it just doesn't do it for me.

May 19, 2016 7:12 pm  #434

reptongeek wrote:

In Michael's first crying scene, I don't like the cinematography though because it's digital capture and not shot on film. Visually it just doesn't do it for me.

I probably won't get to see it for another couple weeks, but I tend to agree with you on digital vs. film.  With digital (especially when there's a lot of CGI) everything's too flat and bright and kind of insubstantial.   You lose a lot of the texture and shadow and there's less of a real sense of space -- or at least that's the way it often feels to me.  I re-watched the first X-Men (2000) not that long ago, and it's interesting how different it looks from the more recent films.  

Although there's something to be said for the way HD video captures tear-filled eyes, especially in extreme close-up.  Even if the image quality isn't as nice, I feel like the level of detail partially makes up for it. 

May 25, 2016 2:17 pm  #435

The Choice is on Netflix, there are a couple of crying scenes towards the end from the main character played by Benjamin Walker

May 26, 2016 5:00 pm  #436

Who watched the Ncis episode,  family first?  Tony's final episode.  His breakdown in the office after learning of ziva's death was epic and a side of the character never seen before.

May 31, 2016 7:15 pm  #437

I recently saw Sunset Song which contains a lot of crying from the beautiful Agyness Deyn -- I believe at one point tears fall down both of her cheeks at the same time, although I'm not absolutely sure.  There are a couple of nice crying scenes from the handsome young actors who play her brother and her husband.   It's also a very sad movie in general -- I teared up at the end, which is not too common for me, and I definitely heard crying in the theater -- so it might be a nice opportunity for observations as well. (Ed.: Here's a link to the trailer, which includes a few brief glimpses of male and female crying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLNG6dvzn9c)

I also saw Love & Friendship last week.  There's a scene about 2/3 of the way through -- which is mostly played for comedy -- where Lady Manwaring (Jenn Murray) learns that her husband has been unfaithful and she cries with a pretty spectacular lip curl.   

Last edited by Tristana (May 31, 2016 10:00 pm)

June 5, 2016 8:09 am  #438

13 hours (great movie by the way) has a short but wonderful close up scene of John Krazinski breaking down on the phone with his wife.  Pretty great scene, lots of tears and very realistic facial expressions.  The whole movie was good but the scene was a nice cherry on top.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

June 14, 2016 5:29 pm  #439

Melanie Vallejo as Madison Rocca in Power Rangers Mystic Force sheds a single tear in the episode 'Stranger Within II'. Possibly the first instance of any ranger character physically crying - that I know of anyway

July 16, 2016 1:31 am  #440

Marc Warren has a nice crying/ sobbing scene in the 4 th episode in season 1 of Mad Dogs. His voice is splendid !

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera