You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2020 7:43 pm  #691

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

psychic_girl wrote:

Jesse Eisenberg has a crying close up in Resistence towards the end of the movie. Not many tears are shown but he makes some cute crying sounds while he breaks down..

What's happening in the scene? I need to know visual cues to look for, if you can provide them

He's playing an awkard  mime and a Resistence fighter during WW II who tries to find a shelter from nazis in France. He befriends a gifted forger and a young  teacher who also take care of some school girls  with them on their way to Lyon.He tries to entertain them by imitating Charlie Chaplin as they face terrible hardship all through the film. The young woman played by Clemence Poesy gets shot just before they reached their destination, trying to protect the little ones and she dies in his arms in the aftermath. That part is quite tragic and i wished they had a future together after all but it was far more realistic the way they did it.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 4, 2020 2:48 am  #692

Thank you!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

June 6, 2020 5:49 am  #693

Haunting of Hill House is a goddamn fuckin' tease. An entire series based around a sister/daughter's death, and not ONE MALE CRYING SCENE? 

giiiive us what we want in s2, Mike Flanagan!

June 7, 2020 9:23 pm  #694

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Haunting of Hill House is a goddamn fuckin' tease. An entire series based around a sister/daughter's death, and not ONE MALE CRYING SCENE? 

giiiive us what we want in s2, Mike Flanagan!

No even ONE ? That's so disappointing..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 7, 2020 9:36 pm  #695

There might be like, a glint of hidden tears lurking in someone's eye at some point if I look carefully, but not a single proper scene iirc.
I'm watching the show again, so if I discover something I missed or somehow forgot the first time around, I will sure post here.

June 8, 2020 3:57 pm  #696

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

There might be like, a glint of hidden tears lurking in someone's eye at some point if I look carefully, but not a single proper scene iirc.
I'm watching the show again, so if I discover something I missed or somehow forgot the first time around, I will sure post here.

I'll do the same, i only watched 3 episodes so far. I remember i saw some crying from the females lead, Kate Siegel mostly. But Michiel Huisman and Henry Thomas seemed very likely to cry too. Too bad they don't and we won't get to see them displaying it more openly..

Last edited by psychic_girl (June 8, 2020 3:58 pm)

Woody Harrelson

June 8, 2020 9:52 pm  #697

Michiel Huisman's character was kiiiiind of an uncaring person, so I can see him not crying. (Though that just means I want him to cry all the more.) I would have expected crying from Henry Thomas and what's-his-name who played the addict brother.

June 9, 2020 1:21 pm  #698

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Michiel Huisman's character was kiiiiind of an uncaring person, so I can see him not crying. (Though that just means I want him to cry all the more.) I would have expected crying from Henry Thomas and what's-his-name who played the addict brother.

Same here, the least likely an actor would cry ( or would portray an uncaring, poker faced character), the more i want to see him doing it at some point. It feels exhilarating to see that,and of course not just the average one tear, casual thingie or a subtle teary eyed vague one.I go for the cathartic breakdown or a softer version but one where tears are clearly visible and there's some flushing and voice dynamics. 

My major interest for crying at this time is James Spader, i couldn't see any specific crying scene in any of his films ( and i have almost seen them all). There are some hints about it  in Critical Care, The Blacklist , Lies, Sex and Videotapes and finally a very brief crying scene in a car in White Palace which is displayed at an inconvenient distance, so you only see him flushed and wiping  his anguished face.

The famous or infamous You've got a problem scene at the end of Sex , Lies and Videotape -  that was mili seconds away from turning  into a major and justified my top favourite crying moments in cinema, yet it didn't thrive further. It was a short tease at some point where ( at 1:24:00 ) he's sitting on the floor against a wall, he's clearly troubled, worked up  and he makes some gestures that look as if he's going to cry, he squeezes his lips between his fingers and then when Andie MacDowell asks him ''Is this what you want to become?'' his profile is shown and his face is flushed but his arm covers it almost entirely so you can only see his eyes gazing at  her for 2 seconds ( hard to tell if that's actually crying).  After that he stands up, she picks the camera following him in the same room , he turns around  to say something and then he faces the wall and wipes his face with his sleeve and when he turns back  again, the tear marks ( or any signs of crying) are almost undiscernible. I watched it and re-watched a lot of times and it's still frustrating to tell..
I think he would have had an impresive scene if he had been pushed a little bit more into that territory.

Sex , Lies and Videotapes is on Netflix
I'll post White Palace scene in the video section ( tell me what you think) 

Last edited by psychic_girl (June 9, 2020 1:29 pm)

Woody Harrelson

June 9, 2020 11:16 pm  #699

Ohhh, do I ever know what you mean about some actors just being a tease about their crying!

June 9, 2020 11:54 pm  #700

Hugh Grant is one. I've been looking for a really good crying scene from him for ages, with no luck. He did film one for Florence Foster Jenkins, but it was cut out of the movie and the DVD didn't include it in the additional scenes. 

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera