You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2013 1:29 am  #1

The Mentalist

Hey guys, thought I would share a quick link.  Not the best quality but I think you can see it.   Spoilers to follow for The Mentalist Season 6

Grace and Rigsby finally get married, Jane watches from the doorway with just 1 or 2 bittersweet tears running down his cheeks.  Not the most intense example, but touching.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc-8K8lcN1Y

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

October 24, 2013 3:09 am  #2

Re: The Mentalist

DANG! I need to start watching this again. Simon Baker is the best understated crier!

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 25, 2013 1:54 am  #3

This is seen better, cute scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvskFwefTc

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 27, 2013 11:03 pm  #4

Simon Baker ♥♥♥

Yes, he's the best understated crier! ♥

Last edited by sakura (October 27, 2013 11:04 pm)

November 23, 2013 11:17 pm  #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTiP8a509d8

Kinda subtle but again another great example of the wonderful things Simon Baker can do with his face.  
Starts at 2:58

Last edited by yellowrose (November 23, 2013 11:22 pm)

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

November 24, 2013 3:20 am  #6

Not just his face, but the break in his voice as well.

Now that (Spoiler Alert!)  Now that they're revealing who Red John is on The Mentalist, I'm really hoping there will be some good crying scenes by Mr. Baker. Once he processes the "We've got him, now what?" perhaps Patrick Jane will finally allow himself to grieve for his wife and daughter as he hasn't allowed himself to before.

Meanwhile, I have the entire 3 seasons of The Guardian on DVD, but haven't watched them yet. I'm going to have to start watching them, it looks like there's quite a few good tearful scenes in that series!

Last edited by caircair (November 24, 2013 3:22 am)

Anonymous

November 25, 2013 4:12 am  #7

Nope

Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!

The night they finally find Red John and I go to bed fantasizing about jake gylenhaal......total let down.  Not sure I will like the new Patrick Jane

Last edited by yellowrose (November 25, 2013 4:31 am)

November 25, 2013 8:10 am  #8

In that case, I'm not upset my DVR didn't tape it. Sounds like the show has "jumped the shark", which is why I quit watching middle of last year.

Anonymous

November 25, 2013 1:01 pm  #9

Following is my rant regarding the most recent episode

I will start by saying there was one tear and some significant emotion during one scene, but given the gravity of the situation, it seemed underwhelming.  Still worth watching as Simon Baker is just a beautiful man. 

Also, I mean I don't know about jumping the shark, I think some people will be satisfied with the ending.  I just tend to like the perpetually tortured male character who can be an outward jerk but is inwardly a really good person, and especially appreciate the relationship between him and his support system.  As they kind of removed most of those things last night, I'm not sure I will enjoy the rest of the series. 

Also the final confrontation felt strange to me.  I wasn't sure I enjoyed the personality change Red John made once Jane had the upper hand.  I didn't think it particularly fit with the unfeeling sociopath they have created for 6 seasons.  Also, it was great to see Lisbon, Cho, Rigsby, and Grace stand behind Patrick, but I thought it sucked that they seemed to pay the ultimate price for his final closure.  I thought Patrick would have more respect for the sacrifices they had made for him both now and throughout the series.  I guess only time will tell.  Bruno Heller certain has been known to through a curveball in here and there.

November 26, 2013 6:07 pm  #10

It was great.he well still be tortured.he still lost his family. Revenge may not have been as satisfying as he hoped. He's a fugitive. But either way it was time to bring the rj storyline to a close.it dragged on long enough.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

Board footera